iGoDispatch for IXEG's Boeing-733

iGoApp

Igor.

I am sorry about this inconvenience.

If your concern is to use the METAR reports for calculating the proper air distance and, thus, fuel, flight time, etc., I suggest that you enter your departure and destination airports, select the SID and the STAR, then go to the Winds Aloft panel and download the NOAA winds data. The wind direction and speed will be interpolated from the four closest coordinates at the altitude of 10,000 ft. The disadvantage is that the actual wind data in the airport will be different from that at 10,000 ft. Not very helpful for the take-off and landing but good enough for fuel planning and other calculations.

If you need to see the actual METAR report, it may be downloaded from other sites, such as this. Of course, provided that these sites are not blocked either.

Hopefully, these difficulties are temporary and will be over when Ablyazov no longer broadcasts his videos. ;)

Cheers.

Edited by iGoApp

• 2 months later...

Please note that NOAA has migrated all its traffic to HTTPS. Because of that, the application (both desktop and iOS) cannot download the NOAA winds aloft data at the moment. I am aware of the situation and will fix it as soon as possible. It may take longer for the desktop application as there are more features that have already been added in the next update and they need to be tested. Please bear with me and use the X-Plane winds aloft for now.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The new update is available now. In addition to fixing the issue with NOAA winds aloft data, some adjustments to fuel calculation, and the ability to print a pdf document with flight information, I have also added a new tab with Pre-flight procedures. I know, there are other wonderful checklist plugins available, but I started working on this option a while ago and I myself needed it for getting prepared for my flights. Please refer to the manual for more information.

A new version of the iGoConnect plugin (v. 2.40.26) is required for this update!!

Enjoy! 

pic4.png

Edited by iGoApp
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Hi there,

1) why is igo Dispatch, on the performance tab, showing a speed thats way below what the FMC gives for landing?

2) what am I dont wrong that igo Dispatch doenst check the wing body overheat test on the procedure tab, even after I hold it for 5 or more seconds?

3) Is it possible to change the sufficient fuel time, on the ACARS tab, to show the endurance time before engine start (to be used on the flight plan)?

Thanks.

approach-speed.png

procedure-wing-body-over-heat-system-test.png

hold5sec.png

endurance.png

On 11/16/2019 at 8:40 PM, Hugo Weber said:

1) why is igo Dispatch, on the performance tab, showing a speed thats way below what the FMC gives for landing?

Vref speeds, as you probably know, depend on the landing weight and the flaps settings you use. Can you please check both at the moment when you land and see whether the Vref speeds on FMC and the application correspond to the following values: http://www.b737.org.uk/vspeeds.htm?

2) what am I dont wrong that igo Dispatch doenst check the wing body overheat test on the procedure tab, even after I hold it for 5 or more seconds?

See the attached image.

3) Is it possible to change the sufficient fuel time, on the ACARS tab, to show the endurance time before engine start (to be used on the flight plan)?

As you have most likely noted, the sufficient fuel time and distance are calculated based on the current fuel weight and fuel flow. It was done intentionally to give an idea how long the plane can be in the air with the current fuel on board. Thus, when engines are off (no fuel flow), it is not possible to calculate either of the two values. However, I see your point and should check how and whether this can be implemented. Based on the FPPM, flight time is calculated based on the air distance, pressure altitude, ISA DEV, and flight regime.

Cheers.

ovht.png

Thanks for the quick reply.

By the link you mentioned (http://www.b737.org.uk/vspeeds.htm) the vref for 55 tons is 141 knots on flap 30, the FMC (heavy1.png) gives 144 knots for 55.2 tons on flap 30, which is close. heavy2.png shows that igo Dispatch knows the takeoff weight of 56.1 (classic has 56.4 mtow right?) for this 29min heavy flight. How come the igo dispatch, on the performance tab, gives 121 knots for this flaps and weight when the the FMC gives 144 and the vref table gives 141? (heavy3.png)

Now, the same 29 min flight, very light. The FMC gives 116knots for flaps 30 and 37.6 tons, which is also about what the vref table has (111knots) for flaps 30 and 35 tons. Here, the igo dispatch performance tab gives 115 knots, which is fine.

It feels like the igo dispatch performance tab is not working properly when plane gets heavy, after all, how come it gives 121 knots when the the FMC gives 144 and the vref table gives 141?

Also, 115 + 20 = 135, why is (light3.png) stating my airspeed exceeded vref+20?

Finally, as I think igo dispatch is used on flight planning, it will be great if you implement the calculation for the flight plan item 19 endurance time, as you said before on "... I see your point ..."

Thanks a lot again, for the tool and your promptness!

heavy1.png

heavy2.png

heavy3.png

light1.png

light2.png

light3.png

vref.png

10 minutes ago, Hugo Weber said:

It was a 29 min flight on FL180. I got the screenshots just after TOC. I gess it was about what the FMC showed, after all, how come 55.2 tons on the 15-20 min left, on descend, spend so much fuel that lands on 121 knots (vref for 40 tons)?

Still, next time you finish your flight, could you please take a note of your actual weight at the moment of landing, flaps position and the VRef speed that the application shows. I need the evidence to see if there are errors. Thank you.

Edited by iGoApp

I did the heavy flight again, and this time took the screenshots just after TOC and just after landing. One thing I didnt notice before was the optimal flight level being so high for a fligh so short, I dont thing I may get FL340 and get down on 29 min flight, am I thinking right?

FMC gives 144 flaps 30 for 55.3 tons. Vref for this flap and 55 tons is 141, so 144 seens reasonable for what the FMC gives. So 144 + 5 knots = 149 knots, however performance tab gives 115 knots.before-tkof.thumb.png.5d20c9a3f54f2fd0e2551a0e66720e7b.png

tnks again man!

load-landed.png

ground-services-landed.png

performance-landing-weight.png

performance-approach.png

acars-landed.png

toc-acars.png

toc-flap30-vref144-grosswt-553.png

why-so-high.png

before-tkof.png

Edited by Hugo Weber
  • Like 1

Hi, Hugo.

14 hours ago, Hugo Weber said:

FMC gives 144 flaps 30 for 55.3 tons. Vref for this flap and 55 tons is 141, so 144 seens reasonable for what the FMC gives. So 144 + 5 knots = 149 knots, however performance tab gives 115 knots.

Thanks for providing this information. I will be looking into this. Stay tuned.

14 hours ago, Hugo Weber said:

One thing I didnt notice before was the optimal flight level being so high for a fligh so short, I dont thing I may get FL340 and get down on 29 min flight, am I thinking right?

Optimum altitude is determined by weight and ISA (actually, FPPM provides the same altitude for three different ISA options). It then adjusts the FL to your flight direction (odd for 1-180 and even for 181 to 360). Since your current weight is 55-56K kg and you are heading west, you get rounded altitude of 340.

Cheers.

EDIT: Problem with Vref speeds identified and fixed. Should be able to compile the update next week. Thanks, Hugo, for pointing out the bug!

optimum.png

Edited by iGoApp

• 2 months later...

On IXEG the long range cruise is done on mach .74 as showed on lrc-crz.png file. The only other optoin is ECON cruise, done on mach .73, which is algo de default, as showed on econ-crz.png

If I plan on iGo Dispatch, fuel option "long range cruize", then I should select LRC on IXEG FMC correct?

If I plan on iGo Dispatch, fuel option ".74m", what shall I select on IXEG FMC? 

As IXEG FMC "Long Range Cruise" is .74m and ECON is .73m I dont see a direct relation with iGo Dispatch fuel plan of .74m and long range cruise as the seem to be the same thing on IXEG FMC, which is "long range cruise"

What am I missing?

Thanks.

igo-fuel-planning.png

lrc-crz.png

econ-crz.png

• 3 months later...

The program definitely works with v1.3 on my computer.

Do other people have any problems with 1.3? Please share here even if you do not. In 99% of cases, careful reading of the manual solves issues.  @jeffreymg, what exactly is the problem that you have?

@Ghostbusters, did you buy the program and cannot load it? I hope that @Cameron will be able to help here.

As far as other questions by @rafgath are concerned: yes, it works in Windows and Mac since this is a Java application. It can be installed either on the same or a different computer. 

Edited by iGoApp