iGoDispatch for IXEG's Boeing-733

iGoApp

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, okernel said:

Where does the app get Airac?  I am having trouble getting the flight planner to accept some airways and waypoints.

Aerosoft or Navigraph navdata is included in the iGoConnect plugin. Have you updated it? Please refer to page 7 of the application manual. Let me know if it did not work. Cheers.

I have read it again and I think that I have it right, but problems persist (XP11?).  I subscribe to Navigraph and keep it updated (currently 1702).  The attached jpg of my iGC plugin folder shows my setup which I think is correct.  I have also enclosed a Simbrief plan for YBBN to YPAD, verified correct for AIRAC 1702, but I cannot get iGD to accept it.  I hope I have not made an idiot of myself again.  In my defence, I am not terribly bright.

iGCplugin.jpg

SimBriefYBBNYPAD.jpg

28 minutes ago, okernel said:

I hope I have not made an idiot of myself again.

I have!  I tried it again after posting above  ...  AND IT WORKED!  I do not understand why, but all day yesterday and early this morning I could not get it to work.  Sorry for the trouble, but all good now.

Cheers

PS:  In case it helps, I re-installed AIRAC 1702 in case that was the problem, but it still did not work.  An hour later, with no further action, it worked.  Go figure!

Edited by okernel
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

The application has been updated to version 1.10 and the update is available on AppStore. The main feature of the update is an ability download global winds aloft and temperature information from NOAA. Since all major X-Plane weather engines, that I am aware of, use NOAA meteorological data, the application allows you to plan your flight with greater precision whatever engine you use. There is also an option to use custom winds data from X-Plane or set your own in the application.

In addition, a few other issues have been addressed, including but not limited to:

• displaying runways for certain STARs incorrectly (what okernel was complaining about);
  • retaining your flight path on the map when switching to another application;
  • Destination Runways drop-down menu appearance;
  • improved memory management; etc.

There have been some significant but necessary changes made and I hope this will not affect the overall performance. If you feel that the application becomes laggy, try to completely delete it from your iOS device and reinstall from scratch.

Unfortunately, working on this update, as well as on an update for my other two applications (JRollon's CRJ and LES's Saab) that is currently underway has put development of the desktop app on hold at least until summer. Hopefully, it is worth it.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

*** Português abaixo ***

Hi all... Here is a new video in the Gear Up Simulation Channel. This video is all about iGoDispatch IXEG B733 (iPad version). It is a full tutorial in Portuguese.

Olá pessoal... Temos um novo vídeo no Canal Gear Up Simulation. Esse vídeo trata do iGoDispatch IXEG B733 (versão para iPad). É um tutorial totalmente em português.

Here is the video / Aqui está o vídeo:

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

iGoDispatch has been updated to version 1.15. It is now compatible with iOS 11 and the latest plane's update. The major change includes revised fuel and time calculation. The images show how accurate the fuel calculation is.

On the first image, the application calculates the required trip burn fuel for a flight between CYYZ and KMIA (1074 nm) at FL330 based on the 280/.74 climb and .74/250 descent. The landing weight is 44,411 kg (ZFW of 43,486 kg and the final reserve fuel of 925 kg). The calculated fuel is 5,905 kg.

On the second image, the application calculates fuel for a flight between KSFO and PANC (1752 nm) using Long Range Cruise Step Climb (>1000 nm) and the same loading parameters. The required fuel is calculated at 9,216 kg.

Both images also include fragments of the Boeing-733 FPPM demonstrating fuel planning charts for the above trips.

Note that the iGoConnect plugin must be updated to version 2.21.

074.png

step_climb.png

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

The desktop application is close to completion. Still need to address a few issues to be followed by testing, documentation, talking to vendor(s), etc. In the course of developing the desktop version, I have also found an issue that can potentially affect the iOS application too. So, that one will be updated as well.

img1_1.png

img2_1.png

img3_1.png

img4_1.png

• Upvote 2

The desktop application is close to completion. Still need to address a few issues to be followed by testing, documentation, talking to vendor(s), etc. In the course of developing the desktop version, I have also found an issue that can potentially affect the iOS application too. So, that one will be updated as well.p><p>
<a  href=http://forums.x-pilot.com/uploads/monthly_2018_03/img1_1.thumb.png.b95cd38d441690fb0c1c7fe1e025f874.png' alt='img1_1.thumb.png.b95cd38d441690fb0c1c7fe1e025f874.png'>

img2_1.png

img3_1.png

img4_1.png

Love your apps...any chance of having it for Android at some point?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, WR269 said:

Love your apps...any chance of having it for Android at some point?

Thank you, WR269. Although such possibility does exist, my concern would be whether demand for such application would justify months of work after release of the desktop version on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Cheers.

• 2 months later...

iGoDispatch will be updated in the next 24 hours. The application is now compatible with the latest version of iOS and iGoConnect plugin, which had to be modified to work with the upcoming desktop application for IXEG's Boeing-733 and address some TCP connection issues.

Do not forget to download and install the updated iGoConnect plugin once you upgrade!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, jsperl said:

Just purchased last night and enjoying so far. I'm wondering though, what is the point of entering SIDS and STARS in this app if they are going to be ignored when imported into the 733?

Hi, jsperl. 

First of all, thanks a lot for having purchased the application. I hope you will continue to enjoy it.

Two things about your question. On the one hand, it is a limitation of the fpl file format that ignores SIDs and STARs. Nothing I can do about it. On the other hand, I tried to implement saving SIDs and STARs in the internal file system and sometimes got unstable results. In the long run, I decided to omit this feature (for now) for the sake of stability. The point of entering SIDs and STARs, I guess, is to ensure more precise fuel and time calculation, especially when they take you off course significantly. But, yes, you do have this inconvenience of manually entering them in FMC afterwards.

I strongly encourage you to send me bug reports if you notice any. E-mails would be the best way. Although the product has been tested for several months, each computer is unique and there may be problems revealed further. At the moment, I am investigating a couple of reports that I have received so far. So, if you have a problem with loading pax and fuel or have CTD when trying to connect to ACARS, please let me know. Do not forget to attach the LogIGD.txt file (please refer to the Manual on how to find it).

Also, there are currently a few things in mind that I will be trying to implement later, for example, adding airport sounds when loading pax in real time (for more emersion and fun). I am also looking at how to improve drawing flight path on the map: it may become too jagged. I also received a suggestion to add altimeter as one of the parameters displayed on the ACARS panel.

Work continues...

Edited by iGoApp

Michelf and other pilots in Europe who have problems with loading.

Can you please try the following to verify my hypothesis?

1) Go to Control Panel.

2) Go to Clock and Region.

3) Go to Region.

4) Tab Formats. In the Format drop-down menu, select English (United States) or English (Canada)

5) Click Apply.

6) Tab Administrative. Click on Change system locale. In the Current system locale drop-down menu, select  English (United States) or English (Canada). Click OK.

7) Click OK. Close Control Panel. Restart the computer.

Please try if this solved your problem and let me know. If this is the culprit, this will be a temporary workaround and will be fixed in the next update.

Cheers.

Not sure I understand Mischelf's issue 100%, but the app loads fuel into my plane just fine. What I was hoping would also happen is that the app would inject performance data and so pre-populate the perf init values etc in the FMC. This doesn't happen, unless I'm missing a step there.

Edited by jsperl

On 8/20/2018 at 3:52 PM, iGoApp said:

Hi, jsperl. 

First of all, thanks a lot for having purchased the application. I hope you will continue to enjoy it.

Two things about your question. On the one hand, it is a limitation of the fpl file format that ignores SIDs and STARs. Nothing I can do about it. On the other hand, I tried to implement saving SIDs and STARs in the internal file system and sometimes got unstable results. In the long run, I decided to omit this feature (for now) for the sake of stability. The point of entering SIDs and STARs, I guess, is to ensure more precise fuel and time calculation, especially when they take you off course significantly. But, yes, you do have this inconvenience of manually entering them in FMC afterwards.

I strongly encourage you to send me bug reports if you notice any. E-mails would be the best way. Although the product has been tested for several months, each computer is unique and there may be problems revealed further. At the moment, I am investigating a couple of reports that I have received so far. So, if you have a problem with loading pax and fuel or have CTD when trying to connect to ACARS, please let me know. Do not forget to attach the LogIGD.txt file (please refer to the Manual on how to find it).

Also, there are currently a few things in mind that I will be trying to implement later, for example, adding airport sounds when loading pax in real time (for more emersion and fun). I am also looking at how to improve drawing flight path on the map: it may become too jagged. I also received a suggestion to add altimeter as one of the parameters displayed on the ACARS panel.

Work continues...

That makes sense about the fuel calculations. On that note, is the app supposed to (or able to) inject performance data into the FMC?