iGoDispatch for IXEG's Boeing-733

iGoApp

737NUT.

5 hours ago, 737NUT said:

...got no cabin announcements...

Do you have your iPad sound on? Do you have ACARS switch on? Announcements are enabled only when ACARS switch is on

...no performance review...

Download the performance report after you completed the flight or during the flight and before reloading the plane or exiting X-Plane.

... crashes x-plane on exit every time...

In the last 2 years, this is the first time I have received a report that the application crashes X-Plane. What makes you think that it is because of the iGoConnect plugin? Can you please attach your Log.txt file?

Thank you!

Edited by iGoApp

Hello,

ACARS was on but not IPAD sound.  My fault on that one.

Performance report was handled as you desribed and still got nothing.

The LOG said igoconnect callback loop invalid  application has crashed.   I will reinstall plugin, and save log file for you.

Thanks

Rob

Edited by 737NUT

• 1 month later...

Version 1.1 has just been released. It includes the following changes:

• iPhone version added! Please note that although it is compatible with iPhone 4s, due to resolution limitations some panels are not well optimized for this model.
  • Compatible with iOS 10.
  • Fixed a bug when distance was not calculated correctly if a SID included Heading to manual termination and Course from a fix to manual termination.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes crashed the METAR panel.
  • Fixed a bug that caused clouds not being drawn correctly in iOS 10.
  • Some UI has been changed to make the application more intuitive for those who use it for the first time.

Please note that I have updated the application manual. It includes a section on Troubleshooting the TCP connection where I tried to explain potential issues with the connection and how they should be addressed. I strongly encourage you to read the manual, especially for the iPhone version. The manuals can be downloaded either from the application (the Settings panel) or from here:

iPad: http://www.igoapp.ca/resources/files/igodispatch_b733_manual.pdf

iPhone: http://www.igoapp.ca/resources/files/igodispatch_b733_manual_phone.pdf

If you have noticed any bugs or still experience any problems, please send me an email from the application. This would help expedite the response.

Hope you will enjoy it!

IMG_0443_r.png

IMG_0444_r.png

IMG_0445_r.png

IMG_0410_r.png

IMG_0447_r.png

IMG_0412_r.png

IMG_0385_r.png

IMG_0422_r.png

Edited by iGoApp
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, iGoApp said:

Version 1.1 has just been released. It includes the following changes:

• iPhone version added! Please note that although it is compatible with iPhone 4s, due to resolution limitations some panels are not well optimized for this model.
  • Compatible with iOS 10.

Question before I pull the trigger: does the fuel & balance manager work even without the app being connected to the plane via a plugin?

Rodeo. The application was specifically designed for this plane. CoG is calculated based on a real Load and Trim Sheet but is slightly adjusted to match the IXEG's default %MAC at DOW. The weights also match the model (please correct me if you find that this is not the case). So, it should give you a plausible values to be used in IXEG.

Fuel and loads can be set directly from the application. Another advantage is that the application, if connected through the ACARS function, is monitoring the plane's current weight and constantly adjusts your CoG (or to be exact the CG offset) during the flight.

Please let me know if you have other questions. Cheers.

cmbaviator. The application currently uses the full winds aloft data for US downloaded from the winds.rwx file. For the rest of the world, it uses X-Plane datarefs. In fact, I shouldn't have said that I am stuck with the GRIB file. I am creating my own API to read these files. It is moving ahead, but moving slowly. Patience... ))) Regards.

Excellent application, I use it all the time.  Well done.  Welcome cabin announcement includes something like "percent app" a few times and then the word "optional" instead of actual destination (I think).  The arrival message I note also has some of this stuff.  This is not a major issue for me, but I thought you might want to know.  I can try to get the exact wording if required.

Edited by okernel
  • Upvote 1

In the Flightplan section I can only select Runway R16LZ (KROPP) for YSSY, no matter which STAR I select.  YSSY departure runways are OK.  So far this only happens to me for YSSY, other airports seem to be OK.  Also, is there any way I can load a coroute from X-Plane (IXEG B737) into the flight plan section?

Edited by okernel

On 2016-10-26 at 7:02 PM, okernel said:

... is there any way I can load a coroute from X-Plane (IXEG B737) into the flight plan section?

This option is not available as yet.

On 2016-10-26 at 7:02 PM, okernel said:

In the Flightplan section I can only select Runway R16LZ (KROPP) for YSSY, no matter which STAR I select.  YSSY departure runways are OK.  So far this only happens to me for YSSY, other airports seem to be OK.

okernel, I cannot replicate your problem (see attached). Could this be a problem with updated navdata (mine is a couple of AIRACs old)?

Cheers.

IMG_0478.png

IMG_0026.png

IMG_0025.png

• 3 weeks later...

This is strange but true.  I was testing iGoDispatch on my iPad with the IXEG 737 in XP11, and when I had finished I left ACARS active.  I switched to the default XP11Cirrus and the nose wheel raised off the ground.  It happened to the Cessna as well.  After much angst and elimination testing, it came down to the iGoDispatch app.  With ACARS on it shifts the centre of gravity on these aircraft hard to the right.  Go figure!  One should not have the app running when flying anything other than the IXEG 737, but be aware if you do.

To test it yourself, activate ACARS in your iGoDispatch app and start a new flight with the Cessna.  Make sure the app is connected to your computer.  It is easily avoided, but very strange behaviour.  To put the nose back down, close the app and restore defaults in the "customise" tab of the aircraft.

Seems to work on just about all GA fixed wing aircraft.

TippingAcftSml.jpg

Edited by okernel

okernel. One of the [cool B)] features of the application is dynamic adjustment of CG based on the current weight. The application uses a specific formula to calculate it, and obviously applying the same formula on other planes will produce weird results. )) One thing occurs to me: if people are interested in using the ACARS function for other planes, I could make the CG adjustment optional (with ON by default) in one of the future updates. As soon as I am done with incorporating the real global winds into the application, I could consider it.

Cheers.

• Upvote 2