iGoDispatch for IXEG's Boeing-733

iGoApp

Hello, IXEG pilots.

After almost a year of development, I am close to finishing beta-testing of my iOS application for this great plane - iGoDispatch for IXEG's B733. This is a planning tool that includes a range of options, such as :

• creating a flight plan and uploading it to FMC as a co-route;
  • estimating the required fuel taking into account X-Plane winds aloft (the first release will take into account winds aloft in US and the update is intended to include the grib wind data to be available in X-Plane 10.50) ;
  • loading the plane with passengers, cargo and fuel;
  • estimating and dynamically adjusting the CG offset during the flight;
  • monitoring the flight on the map;
  • creating a report on your flight performance;
  • adding in-flight public announcements in 7 languages.

I intend to release the iPad version of the application by end of summer. Versions for iPhone and iWatch are expected to be released later this year.

Hope it will be a valuable addition to this plane!

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

13.png

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...

The application has been released and is available in App Store (search for iGoDispatch). As mentioned before, only the iPad version is available at the moment; the iPhone version will be released later this year.

Please note that the application requires iGoConnect plugin to connect to X-Plane via a WiFi TCP connection. The plugin is compatible with Windows, Mac (10.7 or higher) and Linux. The plugin can be downloaded from here:

If you have an issue connecting to X-Plane, check whether the TCP Port used by the plugin is not blocked by your Firewall. The manual explains how to open the port for the plugin.

The application and plugin manual can be downloaded from here:

http://igoapp.ca/resources/files/igodispatch_b733_manual.pdf

Hope you will enjoy it!

• Upvote 2

Rodeo. I have to admit, I do not know whether and to what extent, it is compatible with iOS emulators. From what I am reading about iPadian, it is only good for a number of applications and not for all. From this perspective, iGD was not specifically developed to be compatible with simulators. So, I cannot guarantee anything. A desktop version would be more reliable, possibility of which is, say.... very likely. 

• Upvote 2

Ah, I understand now, Rodeo. Of course, it is compatible with the xCode Simulator. I use it all the time to develop applications. However, as far as I know, you cannot use it to run any applications from the AppStore, of course, unless you have source code. Cheers.

If you use third-party firewalls, they have their own procedures of adding Ports to TCP connections that may differ from those that I provide in my manual. You need to follow their specific instructions.

For example, if you have McAfee in Windows, follow these steps:

1) Open McAfee Total Protection;

2) Open Web and Email Protection;

3) Open Firewall;

4) Open Ports and System Services;

5) Click Add;

6) System Service Name: iGoDispatch. Local TCP/IP Ports: 7767. Open ports to: All PCs. Forward port activity: checked.

7) Click Save.

This should make it.

Cheers,

Igor

• 3 weeks later...

I have identified a bug that affects calculation of distance in flight plans with final SID waypoints being Heading to Manual Termination or Course from a fix to manual termination (e.g., CYOW). The bug has been located and will be fixed in the next update. Meanwhile, you may avoid it by not selecting such SIDs. Sorry for inconvenience!

Edited by iGoApp

Hi Igor...

I was travelling and now I am back. One of the first thing that I wanted to do is to fly my B733. As usual, I always connect the iGoDispatch to X-Plane, but this time the iGoDispatch is not connecting to X-Plane. I double checked the IP address and port, and everything looks good. My setup:

• X-Plane 10.50r3
  • iGoConnect Plug in 2.10.25
  • iOS 10 beta 7
  • GoDispatch 1.0 build 41

is there anything that I missed during my away time? It is really an iGoDispatch issue? Is this a iOS beta issue?

37 minutes ago, danhenri said:

Hello,

I purchased iGoDispatch today. I installed iGoConnect as prescribed in the manual. But the app cannot connect to x-plane. I cannot enter an airport, and I cannot get any ACARS connection. On my Mac,the firewall is desactivated in the prefs. Thanks for your assistance.

Daniel.

danhenri. Thanks a lot for purchasing the application. Hope you will enjoy it. Sorry that you have an issue, we will be able to solve it. For a start, please send me in a PM a screenshot of your Settings panel of the application and your Log.txt file. Cheers.