Alert that will not clear - On runway and ready to go startup

I've been practicing my FMC work flying backwards and forwards between my home airport of ELLX to EHRD. At the moment I always start "Ready to Fly" which has been fine before but I have been getting an audible alert alarm immediately after selecting my airport and the IXEG737. Clicking the master caution does me no good and the only lights I see that look unfamiliar are the "Ram door full open" blue lights on the overhead fwd right panel. I fiddled a bit with the Pack controls but I don't really understand them yet and it did no good anyway.

I uninstalled the aircraft and re-installed it but I still get the same despite quite a few hours without this problem over the time I've owned the aircraft, it just seems to have come from nowhere.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi

"On ground, or in flight with the flaps not up, the ram door will move to the full open position for maximum cooling. The RAM DOOR FULL OPEN Light illuminates whenever the ram door is fully open".
So that light is nothing to worry about

And the sound (which I guess is a ding (like from when switching the Seat belt sign on or off)) is probably just from the plane "switching" it self on, but don't know why.

I think mmerelles has got the answer. I was concentrating on programming the FMC so I had left my Madcatz joystick folded up at the back of my desk. Looking at it after seeing your comment I noticed that the throttles were forward. I didn't have time to test it this morning but I'll give it a try and confirm this evening.

Edited by brianparker
grammar
  • Upvote 1

Thank you both for your help.

mmerelles nailed it. I feel a bit silly but I did learn a bit more about how the aircraft works. 8-)

And I've just realised you were the person who helped me with the flaps issue as well. Thank you, what an excellent community we have here.

Edited by brianparker
Appended a paragraph to the end.
  • Upvote 1