luisao

737-300 IXEG for Linux

42 posts in this topic

OK, thanks. So, the manual needs an update ;)

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Just tested the latest Gizmo plugin (v17.06.04.1958) on my Suse 42.2 and it works. :) 

There is still 1 warning in the GizmoLog.txt

warng:    0.839:   gxt.load: ErrorReport: FAILED: ext_info is nil, bad link?

Perhaps this is because I had to create a symlink libcurl.so.4->libcurl-nss-so.4, since Suse doesn't provide a separate library for NSS support.

ldd  output is:  /usr/lib64/libcurl-nss.so.4: no version information available (required by ./lin.xpl)

So I guess I can fly the IXEG soon ... :) 

46 minutes ago, tharan said:

Just tested the latest Gizmo plugin (v17.06.04.1958) on my Suse 42.2 and it works. :) 

There is still 1 warning in the GizmoLog.txt

warng:    0.839:   gxt.load: ErrorReport: FAILED: ext_info is nil, bad link?

Perhaps this is because I had to create a symlink libcurl.so.4->libcurl-nss-so.4, since Suse doesn't provide a separate library for NSS support.

ldd  output is:  /usr/lib64/libcurl-nss.so.4: no version information available (required by ./lin.xpl)

So I guess I can fly the IXEG soon ... :) 

That's a minor error that only applies to Gizmo's scripting systems.

I'll tidy it up in the next release to cut down on confusion.

Glad to hear Gizmo is working for you, enjoy your flights! :)

Thanks for reporting.

@Ben Russell I've tried the latest build and I can't get past activation. Gizmo loads, I can see the panel, the Gizmo console and everything else. However, when I take the IXEG 737 1.1 or SAAB 340A (tested on both XP10.51 and XP11.01), activation fails. In the Gizmo console I can see:

X-Aviation Licensing: Access Denied

I already e-mailed XA support and Cameron responded that he'd never seen this error message before and couldn't offer any assistance for Linux. Can you make sense of this error message? Is it a local or a remote error? I've neither changed ISPs nor the computer I'm trying to install this on (works OK in Win7 on the same machine), so I don't think it should be a remote activation failure. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. To get these installed I simply copied over the aircraft installs from the Windows partition. Could it perhaps be a local directory permissions error?

20 minutes ago, skiselkov said:

@Ben Russell I've tried the latest build and I can't get past activation. Gizmo loads, I can see the panel, the Gizmo console and everything else. However, when I take the IXEG 737 1.1 or SAAB 340A (tested on both XP10.51 and XP11.01), activation fails. In the Gizmo console I can see:

I already e-mailed XA support and Cameron responded that he'd never seen this error message before and couldn't offer any assistance for Linux. Can you make sense of this error message? Is it a local or a remote error? I've neither changed ISPs nor the computer I'm trying to install this on (works OK in Win7 on the same machine), so I don't think it should be a remote activation failure. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. To get these installed I simply copied over the aircraft installs from the Windows partition. Could it perhaps be a local directory permissions error?

The DRM will try and write to XP/X-Aviation/license_db.bin

I had a quick look through the code. My best guess is that your machine authenticates but can't save the token to disk at the file above.

I'd have to probe the server logs to investigate further.

I'm busy with other no X-Plane work at the moment so it could be a little while until I can look into this.

Thanks for trying it out..

Edited by Ben Russell

21 minutes ago, skiselkov said:

Installation (with wine) and activation of the IXEG has worked flawlessly for me (Suse 42.2). My guess would be that it is a permission problem.

32 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

The DRM will try and write to XP/X-Aviation/license_db.bin

I had a quick look through the code. My best guess is that your machine authenticates but can't save the token to disk at the file above.

I'd have to probe the server logs to investigate further.

I'm busy with other no X-Plane work at the moment so it could be a little while until I can look into this.

Thanks for trying it out..

Thank you for the input, it's definitely useful. I'll try a clean reinstall using automated installer as @tharan suggested.

Just to confirm, ixeg 1.2 work on Linux Mint 18.1, XP11.02r2, again with the same procedure - copy the 1.2 version installed from the windows incl. the gizmo plugin, then rename 3-4 sound files that give error in the gizmo console, install the new navdata and create the additional Navdata folder :) 

Screenshot_20170712_235032.jpg

Well I can confirm that it's definitely something on the X-Aviation license activation side that's blocking me here. I traced the network traffic during activation and it looks like this:

< GET /gizmo/keymaster/products.php?at=<hexblob>&mid=<hexblob>&fp=<hexblob> HTTP/1.1
< Host: x-aviation.com
< User-Agent: Gizmo64/17.06.04 Linux X-Plane/11.01
< Accept: */*

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 01:35:59 GMT
> Server: Apache
> X-Powered-By: PHP/5.5.38
> Content-Length: 54
> Content-Type: application/json
> 
> {"result":false,"msg":"Access Denied.","err_code":403}

So it's just straight up refusing me. However, on Windows, I can activate, no issues whatsoever.

For all friends of Arch Linux:

pacman -S curl glibc glu openal libpng zlib gcc-libs glibc
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4.2.0 /usr/lib/libcurl-nss.so.4

You do not need to copy over the files from a Windows installation. You can install via Wine (requires multilibs :/ )

On 7/14/2017 at 3:55 AM, skiselkov said:

Well I can confirm that it's definitely something on the X-Aviation license activation side that's blocking me here. I traced the network traffic during activation and it looks like this:

< GET /gizmo/keymaster/products.php?at=<hexblob>&mid=<hexblob>&fp=<hexblob> HTTP/1.1

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> 

So it's just straight up refusing me. However, on Windows, I can activate, no issues whatsoever.

I suspect something related to the curl NSS... I have the exact issues myself. 

Where do you have your libcurl-nss from?

And just to try if your X-Plane session has enough rights:

touch XP/X-Aviation/license_db.bin

If XP has enough rights, that file will disappear...

Edited by TacoVox

On 14/07/2017 at 11:55 AM, skiselkov said:

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> 

If you send me a packet log file I'll take a closer look. 

I'm kinda curious where the hex values are getting corrupted. 

br@x-plugins.com

53 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

I'm kinda curious where the hex values are getting corrupted. 

br@x-plugins.com

Hi Ben,

I just sent you my full packet exchange (password blanked ;)) with your server via email.

Thank you for your help!

//Jonas

On 23.3.2017 at 0:15 AM, Cameron said:

Linux needs a bigger market!

Everything for Linux should remain free, now there's a market for ya :)

On 8/2/2017 at 8:55 PM, TacoVox said:

Where do you have your libcurl-nss from?

From the standard Ubuntu 16.04 repos and that's indeed what Gizmo is picking up:

~/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/64$ ldd lin.xpl  | grep libcurl
	libcurl-nss.so.4 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl-nss.so.4 (0x00007f825ad6b000)

On 8/2/2017 at 8:55 PM, TacoVox said:

If XP has enough rights, that file will disappear...

Tried this and the file does indeed disappear, so probably not a file perms problem.

On 8/3/2017 at 9:42 AM, Ben Russell said:

Packet dump from Wireshark sent.

Thanks for your help guys!

Thanks a lot Ben for making this finally happen. Works perfectly on my Ubuntu 16.04.

Sanjiv