X-Plane 10.50 news and "v11" preview from FlightSimCon

Tom Stian

Woah... really really cool Video! And the new User Interface will totally blame FSX and P3D, I guess it will give Xplane an unbeleviable boost in terms of users! 

And the new lighting engine.. cant wait. Really cool.. hopefully they dont need too long anymore!

Good news up on the horizon! :)

Looking great! I didn't have a chance to watch the whole video yet and was wondering if anything was said about downwards compatibility in XP11 regarding planes and scenery from XP10?

But I guess it's too soon to be answered yet. :)

Edited by mgeiss

With the tons of quality payware add-ons that are available and that were just released during the last 1-2 years I would be very surprised if XP11 would "break" compatability. I assume in general XP10 aircraft will "work", maybe with minor issues. But to take advantage of the new features there will have to be updates to the add-ons, just like it was with the move from XP9 to XP10. But generally speaking I wouldn't worry about that.

Flo

Edited by FloB

It was about time for PBR shading!

I guess they'll attach it to the same-old OBJ8 file, which would hopefully make the feature work for buildings too! What I still miss in this matter is an evolution on shaders for "ground" stuff. At the same time that the idea of WED, Airport Gateway is awesome, going beyond that (a.k.a. highly detailed custom scenery) is still very complicated/limited.

4 hours ago, Tom Stian said:

What I liked to see in X-Plane is better aircraft models when flying on VATSIM, and a better weather engine and weather visual.

Both are pretty bad in current state compared to P3D/FSX. :)

Yes totally true, but this is not especially Xplanes fault. See what PilotEdge is capable in terms of the HD models they are using.... the IVAO and VATSIM Client need to be reworked!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jah said:

Yes totally true, but this is not especially Xplanes fault. See what PilotEdge is capable in terms of the HD models they are using.... the IVAO and VATSIM Client need to be reworked!

Ahh. Okey. I dident know that. Then Vatsim should take some initiative to develop a new client with better models. Im a true Vatsim'er, but I got the impression that some parts of Vatsim is pretty dead. :unsure:

There you have the problem, Im only online on IVAO, without any special reasion. Just growed into it... but I'm feeling sad about the lack of american traffic on IVAO. There is Vatsim better than IVAO I guess. 

If these two networks would merge, this would be awesome. 

But by the way, IVAO is right now developing a new IVAP (Pilots client), but I have absolutely NO idea if there is any improvement in terms of MP traffic, and their visual apperance... :( 

5 minutes ago, Fabio Pittol said:

There's a part on the video that LR guys explicitly say XP11?

I only heard "we're not done with XP (10)" and "something with have for a future major release", which could easily be 10.60/.70/.80/.90

No idea. But 40:14 in the video, the preview says "X-Plane 2016" ;)

Edited by Tom Stian