IXEG 737 missing preferences option selection

SteveS

6 minutes ago, Cameron said:

No sir. It means the graphics chip inside of your laptop is incapable of properly rendering.

So if this is correct 21.5" iMacs and Macbook pro Retina (13 and 15" except the 2.5GHz version) are not able to run IXEG 737 ?

52 minutes ago, Tchou said:

it means you may be able to fix it by forcing X-plane to use the R7 graphics card instead of the Integrated graphics card in your CPU. 

Can you tell me how I can do this, I only bought the IXEG 737 to use on my laptop.

1 hour ago, Tchou said:

So if this is correct 21.5" iMacs and Macbook pro Retina (13 and 15" except the 2.5GHz version) are not able to run IXEG 737 ?

No, this was based on the assumption the Intel CPU was in use. I missed the Radeon card part (based on Jan's initial response).

9 hours ago, SteveS said:

Can you tell me how I can do this, I only bought the IXEG 737 to use on my laptop.

I might but I do not know what is your computer, And I have only one PC at home for x-plane (and the i7 integrated video is deactivated in the bios). My 4 other computers are macs… 

here is what I found : Source

Normally your intel card will switch to your dedicated amd one if it detects an application that requires huge graphics processing, like a game. Its not possible to turn on the amd card forcefully while the computer is idle, since the intel card will consume less power, but it is possible to force the amd card on for applications you desire to run on it. For that, just go to catalyst control center and select the application(under graphics application settings), then select the amd card (high performance option) for it. 

If you don't have catalyst control center installed, you need to update your drivers. You can find the drivers list here: Download Drivers

Note that, for some applications that do not require the high performance amd card in any circumstances, the catalyst control center will lock it to the power saving intel card. In such a case, you cannot change that option.

12 hours ago, Tchou said:

I might but I do not know what is your computer, And I have only one PC at home for x-plane (and the i7 integrated video is deactivated in the bios). My 4 other computers are macs… 

here is what I found : Source

Normally your intel card will switch to your dedicated amd one if it detects an application that requires huge graphics processing, like a game. Its not possible to turn on the amd card forcefully while the computer is idle, since the intel card will consume less power, but it is possible to force the amd card on for applications you desire to run on it. For that, just go to catalyst control center and select the application(under graphics application settings), then select the amd card (high performance option) for it. 

If you don't have catalyst control center installed, you need to update your drivers. You can find the drivers list here: Download Drivers

Note that, for some applications that do not require the high performance amd card in any circumstances, the catalyst control center will lock it to the power saving intel card. In such a case, you cannot change that option.

Thanks I'll give it a go..I manage to uninstall the intel graphic's driver using Game Guru Uninstaller and installed the latest AMD driver, ran XP10, still no luck with the IXEG 737, but, my graphics are noticeably better. I'll try it using catalyst.

On 11/06/2016 at 8:53 AM, mmerelles said:

can you attach your xplane log.txt file found on your xplane root folder? use "choose files" for attaching bottom left corner while posting.

i have seen this before from another user, having a very limited intel 4000 chipset graphics card not supported as per the developers

After a reinstall, here is my log file

Log.txt

2 hours ago, SteveS said:

After a reinstall, here is my log file

Log.txt

Thanks for your log.

As per your log file xplane is detecting:

OpenGL Vendor    : Intel
OpenGL Render    : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
OpenGL Version   : 4.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.4331 (430/0)

you fall under the Intel graphics 4xxxx not supported so far :( the chip has no power to render what required.

I am not familiar with your laptop, does it has a R7 also? can you force your hardware to use it instead of the integrated intel?

1 hour ago, mmerelles said:

Thanks for your log.

As per your log file xplane is detecting:

OpenGL Vendor    : Intel
OpenGL Render    : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
OpenGL Version   : 4.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.4331 (430/0)

you fall under the Intel graphics 4xxxx not supported so far :( the chip has no power to render what required.

I am not familiar with your laptop, does it has a R7 also? can you force your hardware to use it instead of the integrated intel?

yes R7 M260

• 6 months later...

Found a solution, which does not require the user to update the graphics processor! Follow this simple process:

1. Go to your X-Plane 10 Folder

2. Access the 'Aircraft' folder

3. Enter the 'X-Aviation' folder

4. Enter the ''IXEG 737 Classic' folder

5. Scroll down and open the 'IXEG_user_prefs' text document

6. Within those preferences, you can alter settings that you couldn't have previously adjusted in the sim, by simply changing the '= number' alongside that command, e.g., 'steam gauges=0' is the default setting, however, if you change that to 'steam gauges=1', and save those preferences, the next time you open X-Plane, the steam gauges will appear in place of the modernised centre instrument panel. NOTE: For this to work, you must re-open X-PLANE subsequent to adjusting these settings.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/16/2016 at 9:35 AM, PARLIAMO said:

Found a solution, which does not require the user to update the graphics processor! Follow this simple process:

1. Go to your X-Plane 10 Folder

2. Access the 'Aircraft' folder

3. Enter the 'X-Aviation' folder

4. Enter the ''IXEG 737 Classic' folder

5. Scroll down and open the 'IXEG_user_prefs' text document

6. Within those preferences, you can alter settings that you couldn't have previously adjusted in the sim, by simply changing the '= number' alongside that command, e.g., 'steam gauges=0' is the default setting, however, if you change that to 'steam gauges=1', and save those preferences, the next time you open X-Plane, the steam gauges will appear in place of the modernised centre instrument panel. NOTE: For this to work, you must re-open X-PLANE subsequent to adjusting these settings.

i dint really get this,you mean re-arranging the numbers along side each comand?e.g winglet = 1 and so on?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...