no clouds with RWC

chris1690

Good afternoon,

I've been having issues with RWC where when its active no clouds are drawn, when I remove the plugin from the folder and restart x plane and run FSGRW with SMP the weather gets depicted like what METAR says. weather in FSGRW is 1200 and with RWC I get clear skies. I have set the environment/weather settings to use real weather, but don't have the update box checked. and settings in the SMP menu for RWC are set to auto and I have tried always as well with no change. also the cloud coverage is set to high ( almost all the way to the right )

I'm trying to upoad images but I keep getting upload failed error message, when there are no clouds the sky is basically empty

here is my log

thanks in advance for the help

Log.txt

Edited by chris1690

Your log has a lot of unusual messages in it I haven't seen before, but I don't see any problems reported with Skymaxx Pro or RWC.

My best guess would be that you are in an area of low visibility, and this is causing clouds to disappear unless they are close to you. Do clouds appear if fly to a higher altitude where visibility is better?

If trouble persists, please capture your metar.rwx file for us and let you know where you were flying at the time.

I loaded up at KSNA when I load at my home airport KHWO everything shows up beautifully wven distant Storms which I love seen( precip) over an airport. Would you please direct me as to how to get that file you requested?

and no clouds do not disappear they just do not show up at all

Edited by chris1690

You should find the metar.rwx file alongside your log.txt file, in the directory you installed X-Plane into. So, if you encounter clear conditions again where you think there should be clouds, capture both the metar.rwx and log.txt files for us and let us know where you were.

I don't see any obvious issues indicated in your files, but a couple of things to check:

- What is your cloud draw area set to? You may need to increase it; FSGRW is reporting conditions at the nearest airport, and perhaps that's just a bit outside of that area.

- You might try turning off the "never change visible weather" setting in RWC. If FSGRW dropped a new METAR file with these conditions that was different than the previous conditions, SMP would not represent this new data if that option is checked.

cloud coverage in SMP is set to near maximum and as far as the other thing to check for, I cant seem to find that option. when I go to the plugins menu I see skymaxx pro, I go to that and go down to the third option which is Real world weather, and all I have are the three options that ask when to use it, only when real weather is on, always and never. which one do you refer to?

thank for your help so far

that did the trick!

I was under the impression I had the latest version but anyway loving the product and thanks a lot for your help!
now, which setting would you recommend for the most realism?

I flew from a VFR airport (Scattered 3000) to a low IFR airport (OVC 200) with the option, never change visible weather checked, but could not see from a distance the overcast layer, and when I got to the LIFR airport there were only a few clouds, of course all this changed when I unchecked that box. but then again you have the spontaneous clouds disappearing when FSGRW changes metars

any recommendations?

BTW loving the product! 

Great!

You'll want to set the cloud draw area as high as you can without impacting performance for the most immersive experience.

As for the weather updating - I think I read that the latest version of FSGRW allows you to configure how often it drops new weather conditions. If the either/or state of our "never change visible weather" option isn't meeting your needs, you might try experimenting with longer update times from the FSGRW side.