Morten

Training Video's

59 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, axmiha said:

Yesterday I climbed not in VNAV (like now), but in LVL-CHG, and in a lower speed (around 0.68). So at FL360 I had to go from 0.68 to 0.73 but it was accelerating too slowly

Google "Coffin Corner" and you will understand what went wrong :)

M

On 10/17/2017 at 11:46 AM, Morten said:

Google "Coffin Corner" and you will understand what went wrong :)

M

Really?? I was in coffin corner?? Because of the altitude? I heard of that in some Air Crash Investigation video. Holly sh... But, but but .... the red marks in the ... er... EFIS? EADI? They don't appear when flaps are up, so....how would I know I was in ... brrrr ..... coffin corner? ...  (spoken "Côfen Cônah" in England). 

On 10/17/2017 at 9:34 AM, blocks_off said:

If you are interested (hope it is okay to reference back to youtube). By no means a tutorial, but I do talk a lot (and the dog get's his bark in too)!

Append to the end of youtube.com

/watch?v=H3LjOhCWifI

/watch?v=8kPSX8qRnMo

- Carl

I'll check the videos, sure. Thank you. And a "hello" from my dogs to your dog!

A question for the masters. When I set the baro on the altimeters, do I set it also on the middle one, how is it called....standby altimeter? ... or do I leave that one on 1013 / 2992?

PS - by the way, that picture is good for another question. As you can see, altimeters show different altitudes, although both are on 2992.

Edited by axmiha

Axmiha, please STOP using this topic as a support forum, this topic is about the videos.

We have a separate section for support.  Also your question has been answered several times before, it is as in real

Edited by Morten

Ok, sorry.

No, now that I think of it, I'm not sorry at all. I didn't know I was doing anything WRONG here, as I was just following the CONVERSATION, as it used to be long ago - you know? - someone says something, another responds and so it goes without any military RULES. AND I was not using this as SUPPORT but just CONVERSING and sharing my experience about my training and my LEARNING. If you don't want questions from trainees, why the COMMENTS section? 

Edited by axmiha
I thought about it more.

@axmiha

If you message me I will provide an answer and, possibly, some supporting documentation.

Cheers,

Maestaru

17 hours ago, axmiha said:

Ok, sorry.

No, now that I think of it, I'm not sorry at all. I didn't know I was doing anything WRONG here, as I was just following the CONVERSATION, as it used to be long ago - you know? - someone says something, another responds and so it goes without any military RULES. AND I was not using this as SUPPORT but just CONVERSING and sharing my experience about my training and my LEARNING. If you don't want questions from trainees, why the COMMENTS section? 

You obviously have a lot of questions about flight operations, techniques and learning about the 737  - which is fine.  Then the perfect forum for you is here;

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/forum/198-flight-procedures-and-techniques/

If you want "conversation", this is also fine, but then start a topic with an appropriate title that reflects this!  

These pinned topics are for extra IMPORTANT information relevant to thousands of users that not necessarily want to scroll through a lot of OFF TOPIC "conversation".  Also if you wan't good answers to your questions by the team and others, it is easier for us to keep track if they are located in an appropriate area.  Without having to scroll through multiple pages of non relevant stuff. Also it will be easier for others to find answers to questions if you make seperate topics for different issues in the appropriate area, and we don't have to answer the same questions all the time. It is also easier for the users to read topics that are of interest to them and avoid the ones that are not.

Example, if you in the little search box on the top right type in "standby altimeter" the answers to your latest question will be right in front of you.

So this is not about military rules, we gave you a lot of slack in this topic already.  It is about having an efficient forum that is easy to find relevant information for the users, easy for the support team to navigate and find things and easier for you to find answers to questions so you maybe don't need to ask them.

But it is off course *possible* to have everything in this forum in just one topic, but it is a very bad idea from both a user and support perspective.

Now lets move on.