Training Video's

Morten

On 10/17/2017 at 11:46 AM, Morten said:

Google "Coffin Corner" and you will understand what went wrong :)

M

Really?? I was in coffin corner?? Because of the altitude? I heard of that in some Air Crash Investigation video. Holly sh... But, but but .... the red marks in the ... er... EFIS? EADI? They don't appear when flaps are up, so....how would I know I was in ... brrrr ..... coffin corner? ...  (spoken "Côfen Cônah" in England). 

On 10/17/2017 at 9:34 AM, blocks_off said:

If you are interested (hope it is okay to reference back to youtube). By no means a tutorial, but I do talk a lot (and the dog get's his bark in too)!

Append to the end of youtube.com

/watch?v=H3LjOhCWifI

/watch?v=8kPSX8qRnMo

- Carl

I'll check the videos, sure. Thank you. And a "hello" from my dogs to your dog!

• 2 weeks later...

A question for the masters. When I set the baro on the altimeters, do I set it also on the middle one, how is it called....standby altimeter? ... or do I leave that one on 1013 / 2992?

PS - by the way, that picture is good for another question. As you can see, altimeters show different altitudes, although both are on 2992.

Edited by axmiha

Ok, sorry.

No, now that I think of it, I'm not sorry at all. I didn't know I was doing anything WRONG here, as I was just following the CONVERSATION, as it used to be long ago - you know? - someone says something, another responds and so it goes without any military RULES. AND I was not using this as SUPPORT but just CONVERSING and sharing my experience about my training and my LEARNING. If you don't want questions from trainees, why the COMMENTS section? 

Edited by axmiha
I thought about it more.

17 hours ago, axmiha said:

Ok, sorry.

No, now that I think of it, I'm not sorry at all. I didn't know I was doing anything WRONG here, as I was just following the CONVERSATION, as it used to be long ago - you know? - someone says something, another responds and so it goes without any military RULES. AND I was not using this as SUPPORT but just CONVERSING and sharing my experience about my training and my LEARNING. If you don't want questions from trainees, why the COMMENTS section? 

You obviously have a lot of questions about flight operations, techniques and learning about the 737  - which is fine.  Then the perfect forum for you is here;

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/forum/198-flight-procedures-and-techniques/

If you want "conversation", this is also fine, but then start a topic with an appropriate title that reflects this!  

These pinned topics are for extra IMPORTANT information relevant to thousands of users that not necessarily want to scroll through a lot of OFF TOPIC "conversation".  Also if you wan't good answers to your questions by the team and others, it is easier for us to keep track if they are located in an appropriate area.  Without having to scroll through multiple pages of non relevant stuff. Also it will be easier for others to find answers to questions if you make seperate topics for different issues in the appropriate area, and we don't have to answer the same questions all the time. It is also easier for the users to read topics that are of interest to them and avoid the ones that are not.

Example, if you in the little search box on the top right type in "standby altimeter" the answers to your latest question will be right in front of you.

So this is not about military rules, we gave you a lot of slack in this topic already.  It is about having an efficient forum that is easy to find relevant information for the users, easy for the support team to navigate and find things and easier for you to find answers to questions so you maybe don't need to ask them.

But it is off course *possible* to have everything in this forum in just one topic, but it is a very bad idea from both a user and support perspective.

Now lets move on.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Hullu-poika said:

I am a little confused to ask this. But is this bird allowed to fly RNAV SID and STAR in reality?

(I mean the prototype of this model)

Yes, it is. Even without GPS the FMC position is updated with scanning DME stations, so the ANP is usually in the vicinity of 0.2NM or better. RNAV in the terminal area is requiring 1NM or better.

Jan

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Hi there

I am sure I watched a video before which showed a hydraulic leakage I think? And so he deployed the landing gear manually... I CANNOT FIND IT!!!

Did I dream it? Haha

Do you know what video I mean and could someone copy the link please?

Thank you!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Good morning everybody

i use the B737 IXEG on Xp11. I have a some uncomprehension concerning the navigation. I tried the trip from LHBP ( Budapest Airport ) to LOWW ( Vienna Airport). When i entered the cruise altitude for example 20000 feets and execute. This data is not displayed at the LEGS page. What ever i do my cruise altitude don't show up. i gave different altitudes in the order to check if the fmc is fonctional but nothing happened. Surprisingly the fmc don't send me any messages.

i uploaded an attachement  for more  understanding

LHBP-LOWW.pdf

Edited by Peronekiko

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Sergio,

I don´t need them, but it is also not allowed to post them on here (copyright reasons). There are ways to find those on the internet, so anyone interested in getting them can probably easily do so. Thanks for the offer, though!

Cheers, Jan

• 1 year later...
On 6/9/2016 at 3:18 PM, Morten said:

Recommended videos that will enhance your sim experience.  All are done by professional pilots with the IXEG 737.

FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!

Basic FMS and Navigation (IXEG tutorial 1)

Welcome to your first tutorial flight with IXEG's 737-300 classic aircraft simulation. We have created these tutorial flights to allow you to become familiar with the operation of this aircraft in a gradual manner that is fun and easy. We have created four tutorials for you, with each tutorial flight increasing in complexity of operation. We highly recommend that you repeat the tutorial flights as many times as necessary until you are familiar and comfortable with the concepts introduced in each tutorial.

Autopilot and Flight Director (IXEG tutorial 2)

Our second tutorial flight will demonstrate the usage of the Autopilot / Flight Director System (APFDS ). We assume you have developed some familiarity and proficiency with manual flying, common 737 cockpit nomenclature and basic usage of the FMS from the Quick start and Tutorialflight 1 missions. If you have not worked through those flights, we highly recommend you do so before conducting this tutorial.

Radar, Anti Ice and EGPWS (IXEG tutorial 3)

In this tutorial, you will bring both the aircraft and dark cockpit to life in the same manner a 737- 300 crew does, minus a few checks and tests that do not apply for general flight simulation. Youwill fly from München, Germany EDDM to Salzburg, Austria LOWS and along the way, operate and become familiar with the Weather Radar, Anti-Ice and Ground Proximity Warning System, EGPWS. You will conclude the tutorial via a visual approach to LOWS runway 34, landing, taxi and shutdown.

Full flight with FMS (IXEG tutorial 4)

This tutorial will consist of a complete flight from Nice, France (LFMN) to Geneve, Switzerland (LSGG) and will utilize the full capabilities of the Flight Management Systems (FMS) for the entirety of the flight. This flight is particularly beautiful, being that it crosses the western Alps. During this flight, we will introduce you to the FMSÅLs lateral and vertical navigational features, commonly referred to as LNAV and VNAV. We will simulate a turnaround scenario where you are in the incoming captain, replacing the previous captain who had just arrived.

EGPWS  

Jan explains how the EGPWS of the 737 works.

TCAS

Jan explains how the TCAS of the 737 works

================

Base Training (Reflected Reality Simulations)

When new airline pilots first fly a jet transport they do what's called Base Training, essentially just learning how to land the aircraft after spending hours and hours in the simulator learning procedures. We're at Prestwick today for a couple of circuits. Normally done at 1500 ft, there's a bit of terrain under the downwind leg so 1600ft is used today.

Circling Procedure (Reflected Reality Simulations)

Pisa, Italy. Departing runway 22L then flying an ILS arrival to 04R then circling to land 22L.

RNAV Arrival (Reflected Reality Simulations)

This video looks at the RNAV 03 arrival at Rovaniemi using LNAV for the lateral track and speed/vs for the profile. The procedure shown in the video allows a sim pilot to fly an RNAV arrival simply. Real life procedures may be substantially different.

Vectored ILS Autoland (Reflected Reality Simulations)

Short video showing how to use the fix page to help you vector yourself onto an ILS approach. Not a procedure one would use in real life but useful for sim pilots who don't use VATSim or PilotEdge. Also shows an automatic landing. 

ILS Arrival (Reflected Reality Simulations)

Landing at Barcelona runway 25R from the ILS approach with the IXEG 737-300. Flown from top of descent onwards. Unintended AP disconnect adds some minor drama!

Groundschool: Descent Planning: (Reflected Reality Simulations)

This is a short video on managing the descent path to aim for a continuous descent approach. I found this subject particularly tricky when I started flying, so I've tried to explain it as simply as possible. 

Descent Management and Go Around (Reflected Reality Simulations)

Back in the IXEG 737 flying the profile I described in my "Groundschool: Descent Planning" video, finishing off with a missed approach.  Starting from 10000ft we fly a 3 degree profile to be altitude 5000 20 miles from the runway, fly a 5nm / 1000 ft profile to be 180 Flaps 5 by 3000 ft and 10 miles.

Autopilot Go Around LSGG (Reflected Reality Simulations)

Flying into Geneva in the IXEG 737-300, we'll fly the missed approach with the autopilot, then pick up a VOR radial to complete the missed approach. 

Circling Approach LDDU (Reflected Reality Simulations)

Flying the Dubrovnik circling procedure using the fix page to draw the prescribed tracks. The key to circling on the 737 is to use VOR/LOC for the ILS segment with VS to maintain the glideslope. The Pisa video (Part 6) shows this also with a more conventional timed circling approach.

Innsbruck LOWI (Reflected Reality Simulations)

Putting together everything we've discussed in the past few videos to fly a departure and arrival at Innsbruck, one of the most challenging airports in the world.
Departing runway 08 for the KPT2J departure, before returning via TULSI and RTT for the LOC/DME East arrival for runway 26, before following a prescribed track circling procedure for runway 08.

LFMN Vnav (Reflected Reality Simulations)

Departing Bastia LFKB using the VNav functions to fly to Nice LFMN on the VOR-B arrival to runway 22R. We look at correct thrust reduction and acceleration procedures for the departure and explore how VNav can be used to manage an arrival.

================

Flightdeck Setup (Airline2sim part 2)     Flight from Dublin to Manchester (Airline2sim part 3)

In this video our real world 737 Classic pilot talks Ben through setting up the flightdeck for a flight from Dublin to Manchester in this wonderful new add-on aircraft.

FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!

Fantastic, this is indeed what I desire to improve myself.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

• 2 months later...