Couple of repaints I've done recently for my VA

Kesomir

First the x737-800. This aircraft is from the main fleet and has that livery.

x737banner.jpg

737-teaser2.jpg

Next is skycycle's Land DHC-6 - I doubled the texture size and redid most of the details on this one. It's for our newly launching division called 'Wild' which is for bush flying around the BC/Alaska Area I believe.

preview_1003235616_dhc6_300xp.jpg

dhc6_teaser.jpg

Speaking of virtual airlines... I am a regular online virtual pilot commonly flying on IVAO and occasionally on VATSIM. I only fly using X-PLane 9 on a Mac. I have applied to several VA from my country of origin, Mexico, and I have found that there is no support for X-Plane on Mac users, since flying for this airlines require the use of a FDR software available only for Windoze, and this software is only for MSFS. My understanding is that the FDR software connects to MSFS via FSUIPC to report the particulars of the flight to a something name Compete VA, which is used to post the PIREPS.

I read somewhere in this forum about Virtual Pilot Association, a VA that apparently accepts pilots flying on X-Plane, I applied and passed the entry exam to find out there are no openings at this time, and got a position down the queue, something like 87, so it seems that it would not be happening in the remaining of this year.

So, my question is: Is there a VA out there that accepts X-Plane pilots running Mac OS 10.6? If so, I would love to join and contribute with my online hours and gain experience, along with the fun and enjoinment that flying online give me.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Nice paint jobs by the way, nice color schemes and logo.

You could apply for our VA (I know we have spaces) with the following caveats:

Normal flights, division flights, missions and tours could all be flown by you on OSX and reported using our manual pirep report on the website.

What you wouldn't be able to do are the flights that require the use of the flight logger tool as this is currently only for windows. That excludes Propilot flights (where the whole flight is recorded and scored based on following company procedure on turning lights on and off, not exceeding 250 under 10k etc. and each aircraft is modeled individually in database and stays where it was last flown). Also Propilot events, where a set of legs are flown over a few months by pilots signing up to the event.

These are the same roiutes as are flown 'normally', so theres no content you're excluded from, you just can't use the Flogger tool and have the flight critiqued and scored.

The tool does work with x-plane on windows though, and if XPUIPC were to ever have a plugin for mac, you could run this on a separate windows laptop on the network.

X-plane support is currently in infancy - I fly x-plane exclusively now (and have for my VA for the past year) and have been spearheading support for it for a while, two other Management Team members have now picked up x-plane as well, including 'el presidente' for whom the x737 repaint was a birthday present for, so things are looking up.

In summary, you can fly most flights in x-plane on a mac no problem, there are a few features (that many pilots do not make use of) that you cannot at the moment use from mac, but I imagine support will improve. I'm currently developing the next iteration of the website (which is sorely in need of  revamp) and have been thinking of multi-sim support throughout development.

The repaints for our x-plane fleet have been added to our new file management system which is pending going live but if you did join, you could send an email in to MT or post on the forums to get the links to those.

Many of our pilots fly on IVAO or VATSIM and we support both networks. We're a long established VA (~10 years) with hubs across Europe, stretching to the US, Far East and now Canada.

MSFS established and now x-plane friendly, full support in progress (We have a large fleet to find freeware models for and repaint).

http://www.fly-euroharmony.com

Thanks a lot Kesomir +1, that is the kind of info I was looking for.

Scubajuan,

I was a former VPA member who left the group because I was studying for my bar exam and couldn't maintain the one flight every 60 days requirement for membership.  Sad, I know!  But it's a fantastic group and the guy who put it all together is an avid X-Plane user.  Wait out the queue for awhile, it may take a couple months but joining it is worth it.  Additionally, being a member doesn't stop you from joining any other VAs as well, so in the meantime if you like other options feel free to sign up for those as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to pipe up in "defence" of EuroHarmony (I'm the "El Presidente" Kesomir spoke of earlier), we don't care if you were, are, or want to be in other VAs/organisations, and we ask no more of our pilots than they fly when they can afford the time to. After 90 days without a flight your pilot account is marked "inactive", and 90 days after that you're marked "removed" (although that means almost nothing in real terms, you just stop appearing in the stat lists the website maintains). Becoming active again just needs you to fly and PIREP a flight.

In terms of the WILD division, we're going to fully launch with our latest Flight Logger software in the New Year, and I suspect I'll be flying it almost exclusively for a while (I crave the tough assignments it's going to introduce to our timetable :D ). At some point, we'll also be introducing the float DHC-6 to the WILD fleet as well, just need to find a decent freeware model for FS9/FSX...

I'm keen to see X-Plane gain a serious footing in the VA (I moved to XP9 from FSX a month ago and I've never been happier), and if getting a flight logger software running cross-platform will encourage that, I'm more than happy to get behind such a project... but that would require someone that knows what they're doing in Windows/Linux/OSX in terms of development (and XML/DB if there are any devs out there that want to consider this as a project), which is currently none of us in the VA ;)

Like Kesomir says, our first destination is to get an X-Plane fleet together (at least one plane per class/division), then we can push for non-Windows support.