My Mooney

steven winslow

Whether payware or freeware, when I get a plane I plan on flying a lot, I like to personalize it by finding a real world counterpart to copy.  I usually go to Flight Aware and a couple of online aircraft sales websites and find a livery I like and I paint my model accordingly and adopt the tail number.  In the case of the Mooney, the Duchess and the Sundowner, changing the tail number plate on the panel was a bit more challenging than some of the previous models I have worked with.  The Mooney didn't even have a tail number plate.  So here's some shots of the real world Mooney I based my repaint on and a couple of screenies of my Mooney.  Not exactly the same, but I think she's still purty!  I've been flying her around Alaska to get to know her.  I took the Sundowner out to the east coast and back to Montana last month.  After I get back to Montana from Alaska, I'll be taking the Duchess down south for some extensive flight time. 

big_622010-115-444_lg.jpg

big_622010-115-445_lg.jpg

X-Plane-011128.jpg

X-Plane-011127.jpg

X-Plane-011043.jpg

Having fun....and learning a lot!  Seems like every aircraft designer does their paints just a little bit different.  Makes it challenging to get it right.  The Mooney has been fun and I've got a couple more livery ideas for her.  I think I have the Duchess figured out, too.  I'm planning a couple more Duchess liveries and then I want to do some more Sundowner liveries.  And then there's the rest of the X-Aviation fleet!  So many planes....so little time......