SkyMaxx Pro v3.2 Has Been Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 3.2 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro v3 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro v3 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 3.2 for you. If you're a Real Weather Connector customer then new changes will be included in this update that will greatly enhance your experience.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SkyMaxx Pro 3 download and re-download it. It will download as the latest version!

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Cloud detail level is now set automatically based on the cloud draw area in SMP's settings, to maximize performance with large draw areas. High-altitude jetliner pilots will want to try turning up the draw area for fast clouds that extend further, and look better, than ever.
  • X-Plane 10.50-ready; uses new 10.50 features to further improve performance.
  • Added 3 new cirrus cloud texture sets
  • Less VRAM usage from clouds
  • Removed min & max cloud size settings
  • Edges of cumulus cloud layers are now rounded instead of square
  • Cumulus clouds are very slightly darker
  • More performance improvements
  • Cirrus cloud lighting refined
  • Cirrus clouds no longer "jump" periodically
  • Updated documentation

If you're a Real Weather Connector customer, further enhancements include:

• New "Never change visible weather" option in the RWC configuration dialog ensures the weather around you stays constant, as you fly into the latest updated weather seamlessly.
  • Avoids reloading of clouds when crossing 1-degree tile boundaries
  • Properly handles missing RVR data in METAR reports (fixes issues with no clouds appearing near some automated weather stations)
  • Automatically enforces a minimum cloud draw area when RWC is active
  • Clouds are no longer reloaded if a new METAR file is found, yet its data is unchanged.
  • METAR data is now always reloaded when RWC settings are changed
  • Cloud layer heights now more accurate

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Sounds promising. Will test shortly.

[edit]

3.2 does not allow an installation of RCW. The installation of RCW will abort asking for a SMP version 3.1.1 or higher. So I first had to re-install 3.1.1

Edited by StefanH75

20 minutes ago, StefanH75 said:

3.2 does not allow an installation of RCW. The installation of RCW will abort asking for a SMP version 3.1.1 or higher. So I first had to re-install 3.1.1

Sounds as though you had an older RWC installer and not one from a download today? Either way, if you already have RWC installed it is not necessary to install again.

3 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Sounds as though you had an older installer and not one from a download today? Either way, if you already have RWC installed it is not necessary to install again.

You mean the installer of RWC? That's possibly an old one. Since RWC is still 1.0 I had no reason to download again. And unfortunately it wasn't installed as I haven't used SMP for a while.

Edited by StefanH75
typo

1 minute ago, StefanH75 said:

You mean the installer of RCW? That's possibly an old one. Since RCW is still 1.0 I had no reason to download again. And unfortunately it wasn't installed as I haven't used SMP for a while.

Yes, the installer itself has been updated a couple of days after initial release that had altered code for the SkyMaxx Pro validation check portion. Makes sense that if you used the older installer it hiccuped on you like that. This is not an issue in the latest installer.

6 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Yes, the installer itself has been updated a couple of days after initial release that had altered code for the SkyMaxx Pro validation check portion. Makes sense that if you used the older installer it hiccuped on you like that. This is not an issue in the latest installer.

Fixed before reporting. That's a new one. ;)

Hi,

thank you for the update. I uninstalled both SMP and RWC and did a fresh install of SMP v3.2. After restarting X-Plane I noticed that there is still a SMP entry in the settings menu while the RWC entry disappeared which keeps me wondering if RWC installed correctly. Is there an easy way to check the installation?

2 hours ago, MartinJ said:

I uninstalled both SMP and RWC and did a fresh install of SMP v3.2. 

If you removed RWC, you'll need to download the latest version of it and re-install it as well. If the real world weather option is missing in the SMP config menu, it means RWC is not properly installed (or there is some sort of license authentication issue going on.)

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, mmerelles said:

@Cameron

what are those new 10.50 performance features this skymaxxpro version takes advantage off if you can share?

It's kinda technical, but Ben Supnik describes it here: http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/04/actually-you-can-be-told-what-the-matrix-is/

In short, 10.50 exposes information to plugins that we can use to avoid stalling the graphics pipeline.

Edited by sundog

An update. Awesome. Some of the improvements sound very promising. Thank you for giving us an "Never change visible weather" option. Its really great you listen to your customers and I only wish some of the developers would learn from you.

Kind Regards

I had to redownload the update twice because of some silly nonsense of chrome saying that it can contain malware. The problem is I only have 1 download left. What will happen when I reach 0? I'm asking this because I'll be upgrading to windows 10 in a few days and will have to reinstall everything.

59 minutes ago, Denco said:

I will. What about in future updates. Will I have to rebuy the product once I'm out of downloads?

My understanding is that your download counter gets reset when new updates are released.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic