Imbalance Fuel Tanks during flight

Is anyone else having this issue? During long flights my Right fuel tank seems to be the only tank being used. I started out with 10k in each tank and during a 2.5 hour flight my #1 tank has 8870 gal vs 3090 gal in my #2 tank. Turning on the cross feed valve to try and balance the tanks doesn't seem to be working as there not balancing out at all. Is this valve operational? Its difficult to land on long hauls due to the imbalance. I've also notices that the # 2 Engine seems to have lower oil pressure as opposed to the #1 engine. Yet both are running at the same N1 and N2.

B733_11.png

2 hours ago, dreamboxlouisville said:

All the fuel pumps we're on, I did have X-plane random failures turned on. I just turned them off and will update with the next flight. Thanks !!!

Yes Jan have stated in another thread that built-in Xplane failures can cause unexpected results as they are currently not really supported/tested so better turn all of them off for now I guess.

Edited by lanmancz

I too have the same issue with oil qty/press not equal and I know the system failure within XP is off, will check again anyway once I get home.

Regarding fuel imbalance, I haven't notice any issues and have had several 2+ hours flights on this beauty already 

3 minutes ago, cfrankling said:

I too have the same issue with oil qty/press not equal and I know the system failure within XP is off, will check again anyway once I get home.

Regarding fuel imbalance, I haven't notice any issues and have had several 2+ hours flights on this beauty already 

The oil qty/press not being equal is intentional. No two engines are alike.

25 minutes ago, poodster said:

The oil qty/press not being equal is intentional. No two engines are alike.

I can understand a few PSI variance but there is quite a bit of it, having said that, I really have no idea how real jet engines behave. 

Edited by cfrankling

Difference in EGT/Oil Qty and pressue is normal and intended - different levels, different engine age, it is random.

If you open the crossfeed, fuel will never balance if you keep all pumps on - this is a common misconception! One set of pumps is always a "bit" stronger than the other, and if you understand fluid dynamics, you will see that that tank will then supply fuel exclusively. To balance fuel: Turn open crossfeed. Turn OFF the fuel pumps for the tank with less fuel (memorize: Low fuel - low pressure). Wait until levels equalize, then turn on all pumps again and close crossfeed.

Jan

• Upvote 6

• 9 months later...