LNAV path issue

Dave23456

Hey folks,

Just to note, this is one of the first complete flight for me ith the IXEG 737 as I don't really have the time to do flights from A to B.

I played ith the FMC during the flight, entering some speed numbers, altitudes, changing some waypoints etc... then suddenly I got a window with some red lines about what I suspect is some sort of FMC crash? 

any ways, since that, LNAV didn't follow the route line. I had to use the heading selector to follow the rest of the route.

so basically, what causes that? I am entering some values in the FMC, I do that real world too and it doesn't cause the FMC to crash lol...

basically what I am trying to ask, does the FMC has some sort of limitation regarding the ram usage or whatever? how can I prevent this from happening?

kind regards,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

What you are describing (window with the red line) is Gizmo Soft Crash.

If it happens, look (in your X-Plane main folder) for GizmoLog.txt file and upload it here.

Developers should be able to see what possibly went wrong and fix it.

Also, if you get the Soft Gizmo Crash, you need to reboot your Gizmo plugin.

The reboot button is on top of the Gizmo Crash window (Or if you close the window, you can locate Reboot button on the right menu (move your cursor all the way to the right and the toolbar should appear)).

After rebooting the Gizmo, you will be able to use FMC. Unfortunately, everything will be reset, and you will need to reenter all the information. But, the good news is that developers fixed most of the Soft Gizmo Crashes, so they are very rare now. If you get one, please report and upload you Gizmo log.

Edited by XPlanePort