Wind noise sudden cutoff in cockpit with windows open

Zeke*Earl

Dear guys, on the ground with the cockpit windows open, I noticed that wind noise tends to suddenly cutoff repeatedly while panning around the cockpit. The 'sound bug' is non existent with the windows shut. I have all removed all plugins except Gizmo but no dice. Can some kindly confirm if this is normal?

I have a similar (the same?) problem.  Sitting on the ground, with the window open it sounds like the wind sound loop runs out and ends abruptly, then restarts.  It doesn't seem to be related to where the camera is positioned or facing.  I have removed plugins and not seen any change.

I have a Gigabyte motherboard with a RealTek HD audio chip.

Ok, so it seems to be widespread - I am already on the dev build for the next version - where Nils did some changing of the pointers for the wind-sound... I think it was previously getting the wrong soundsample. At any rate, I am not hearing anything like this on my build, so I would assume that this is fixed for the first "real" update.

We are planning to do one more hotfix before that one, though - and this fix will probably not be part of that (only code, no content).

Jan

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Litjan said:

Ok, so it seems to be widespread - I am already on the dev build for the next version - where Nils did some changing of the pointers for the wind-sound... I think it was previously getting the wrong soundsample. At any rate, I am not hearing anything like this on my build, so I would assume that this is fixed for the first "real" update.

We are planning to do one more hotfix before that one, though - and this fix will probably not be part of that (only code, no content).

Jan

Good day Litjan,

With the next version can we expect some improvements for the shared cockpit?

Claude.