Forced Microsoft Windows 10 Upgrade Explained - Why?

HiFlyer

Windows used their idiotic sneaky tactics to forcibly update my laptop when I thought I had chosen to dismiss the update. To prevent the same thing from happening on my W7 simming computer (causing driver and other issues, I'm sure), all I had to do was follow this guide:  http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/how-stop-windows-10-upgrade-downloading-your-system Super simple, only took me 5 minutes. Windows can pry my Windows 7 from my cold, dead hands!

It's outrageous what they've done in forcing out the update. Every other day I've had people ring me about an unwanted win 10 upgrade especially in the last month or so. Half the time it screws up their machine in some way. And yes the shut down in Windows 10 should be renamed shotdown or shitdown. Windows live mail doesn't work properly with Windows 10 either, what chance have other programs if they're own software can't run properly on it. If you added up all the downtime and cost to consumers and business users for having to send in screwed up upgrades for repair there's probably a case for a class action against MS.

No thanks.

https://allthatiswrong.wordpress.com/2009/10/11/steve-gibson-is-a-fraud/

There's a lot more in Google about this guy.

I've known of him since about 1998 when some of his products seemed semi relevant (Spin Rite for one...)

There was always something a little odd about him though so I went googling about two years ago and there's a massive pile of other evidence blogs and articles about how this guy is a sham who can talk the talk but not much more.

"Caveat emptor"" and all that. Do some digging, info is easy to find.

Edited by Ben Russell