Flight controls slow movements

Dave23456

Hello again guys,

A small question here, I noticed when checking the flight controls before or during taxi, it moves very slowly I mean I don't know how about the outside but when I move my yoke full right, the actual yoke takes a lot of time to move full right and then come back to full left. I have touched real yokes, still do. and it seems too slow for me, I mean If I want to do a fast movement real world I can manage to do it pretty easily. 

Can I make it move faster? cheers!

1 hour ago, Dave23456 said:

Hello again guys,

A small question here, I noticed when checking the flight controls before or during taxi, it moves very slowly I mean I don't know how about the outside but when I move my yoke full right, the actual yoke takes a lot of time to move full right and then come back to full left. I have touched real yokes, still do. and it seems too slow for me, I mean If I want to do a fast movement real world I can manage to do it pretty easily. 

Can I make it move faster? cheers!

Hi and thanks for the report - can you quantify "real slow" and "a lot of time"? I have timed the movement of yoke and aileron to the real aircraft, and they move about the same speed.

I just want to know if you hve any other problem, there. Ideally you would make a short video and post it here...

Thanks, Jan

Hey Jan, thanks for the response.

I am somewhat not very good with thisbkind of things on computers so I will try to solve it without having to make a video to demonstrate that.

Maybe it's the difference between real world yoke with the feedback you get from moving real cables, even with hydraulics, and the saitek yoke that I am using. The thing is basically moving from full right deployment to full left for instence, takes time for the yoke to move fast to the left from the full right, when I am pretty sure that I remember correct, moving real world from right to left or vise versa, can be a very fast thing. Just to make sure, where can I find the joystick recommended settings for the ixeg 737? I cannot seem to find it right now. Again, never touched a classic, I know the NG pretty well, could be the differences between them too. Thanks again.

Kind regards, 

Dave.

1 hour ago, Dave23456 said:

Hey Jan, thanks for the response.

I am somewhat not very good with thisbkind of things on computers so I will try to solve it without having to make a video to demonstrate that.

Maybe it's the difference between real world yoke with the feedback you get from moving real cables, even with hydraulics, and the saitek yoke that I am using. The thing is basically moving from full right deployment to full left for instence, takes time for the yoke to move fast to the left from the full right, when I am pretty sure that I remember correct, moving real world from right to left or vise versa, can be a very fast thing. Just to make sure, where can I find the joystick recommended settings for the ixeg 737? I cannot seem to find it right now. Again, never touched a classic, I know the NG pretty well, could be the differences between them too. Thanks again.

Kind regards, 

Dave.

The post above yours has a link to a post made by jan.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, poodster said:

The post above yours has a link to a post made by jan.

Yes, I forgot to edit my post, I have checked the link, my settings are all correct. I still believe that the yoke react too slowly to movements. Hope it can be verified. Cheers!

Edited by Dave23456

20 minutes ago, Dave23456 said:

Yes, I forgot to edit my post, I have checked the link, my settings are all correct. I still believe that the yoke react too slowly to movements. Hope it can be verified. Cheers!

Jan verified that the speed is what it is in the real plane. 

The real yoke is really heavy to turn compared to any sim hardware. If I recall correct from the maintenance manual, you need forces up to 30-40 lbf to roll depending on how far from neutral you are.  "easy" up to the point where the roll spoilers extend (10 deg input) then heavier and heavier.  Also we did several tests that we taped in the big sim.

So basically there is no "correct" answer in how fast it turns, it all depends on how much force you put in, and as usual, our real pilots have the final say these kinds of "feel" debates.

Edited by Morten