Failures and minor bugs

birdy.dma

Tests done in a shared cockpit.

We did crazy tests to break the landing gear system (engine shut down, electricity, hydraulics....).

At some point it was broken. Lowering the landing gear handle, gear stays up, but we could hear the noise of the landing gear down. Ok, minor bug, but as we found it, I report.

Pump to lower the nose wheel, well done, it is OK, then end of the test : crash (not of Gizmo, but of the plane).

Second fly : Fire of engine 1 using the stock failure. Bell, bombers, we are safe and return to base.

After touch down, reverse. Reverser was working on engine 1. This is not correct.

Hi and thanks for the report.

It is hard for me to say anything about the report - the landing gear I can see - there is a very outlying case where the gear won´t work without electricity, but in reality it should...

The reverser on engine 1 should work just fine after an engine fire. The extinguishing agent will not destroy the mechanism. You will see that it operates more slowly than the one on engine 2, though - because only the electrically driven hydraulic pump creates pressure.

So I guess it IS correct ^_^.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reference - I will have to check my manual at home - it could be that you are right! I didn´t know that it disabled the reverser as well - I know the lever can be pulled back - but of course I could never see if the sleeve actually moves or not.

Good find, and I stand corrected!

The gear sound playing with the lever is already added to the bug list.

Jan

• 1 year later...