Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paolofly69

number of passengers and cargo weight

10 posts in this topic

Me too.. like a seating map of the aircraft would be really nice. Something like this one here:

b737-300.png

Edited by Jah

Cant see a point in having that. Its more than enough what we have now and it works like a charm 

On 22 maggio 2016 at 3:20 PM, Paolofly69 said:

as title I would love to have this possibility

Thank you

Best regards

+1

I would love a seat layout but that takes a lot of time and effort.

Why not ditch the ZFW menu options of empty, average, busy, packed, extreme.  These are very vague and not commonly used terms.  I fly every month, Basel-UK, my wife asks how busy the flight was, I often say average, which means it was full....as it is always full so thats average.  I would never say the flight was extreme!

Why not have the slider be a simple PAX counter, left is zero, right is 148 (or whatever full is, I use 148) and have 148 increments, simple and accurate and quick to implement.

On 12/08/2017 at 8:17 PM, Iain said:

Why not have the slider be a simple PAX counter, left is zero, right is 148 (or whatever full is, I use 148) and have 148 increments, simple and accurate and quick to implement.

But isn't that slider more or less what we already have?

I'd say the current implementation is even better because you can enter what you really care about in the end: (Zero Fuel) Weight and CG - both of which may vary even with the same amount of passengers.

I think, adding some more descriptive tags would be nice instead of (or in addition to) average, packed, etc., for example "morning business route (pax full but little cargo)", "holiday bomber (extra seats, full, lots of luggage and newspapers), "island hopper (fewer passengers)" or ".com jet" . That way you could pick a typical load for the flight you're planning and still have full control over the weight by simply looking at the numbers instead of the descriptions. Wouldn't be that much work either.

Edited by mfor

I guess it's similar, your descriptions are more well known, but it doesn't help when a morning business route is quiet due to summer holidays etc.  In that case, you need so many descriptions to describe various flight scenarios.   I still think a slider for PAX and Cargo would be good, with a more accurate description or actual figures along with a description.

For example, if I move the slider from packed to extreme, is this realistic in real life, is extreme basically 148 seats full, and packed is....145??  Telling someone the flight was packed implies that it was full.  For cargo weights the same, we can guess approx luggage weights, but what about airline cargo that may be loaded.

Next flight: Boston - Edinburgh - 2670nm (let the winds blow!)

Guys, don´t get hung up on the descriptive titles. These where just some quick shots from the hip for those people that want a bit of a "ballpark" setting without actually setting a distinct weight.

You can set ZFW and CG to your hearts content almost to the kg, so just do that and fly :-)

If you can´t get past this, here is my suggestion. Take a piece of paper. Write down a few (or many) descriptions on the paper. Determine what ZFW would correspond to each description and write that numer right underneath that description.

Now when you sit down at your desk and want a "mid-summer holidayseason is here everyone flies to the club with the all-inclusive drinks and the British guys bring their towels to beat the Germans at the pool´s sunbeds" you can read of the EXACT zero-fuel-weight that this description corresponds to. Now you set this zero-fuel-weight and fly happily to Teneriffe!

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

10 hours ago, Litjan said:

Now when you sit down at your desk and want a "mid-summer holidayseason is here everyone flies to the club with the all-inclusive drinks and the British guys bring their towels to beat the Germans at the pool´s sunbeds" you can read of the EXACT zero-fuel-weight that this description corresponds to. Now you set this zero-fuel-weight and fly happily to Teneriffe!

But you are demonstrably sooo much better at coming up with descriptive tags - not to mention proper weights for them, that I hoped, you would do that work for us ;) :D

Edited by mfor