Dark cockpit at daytime

CHILLICRAB

I always had a dark cockpit at daytime. I saw the posts in " Insanely dark cockpit in daytime ". I tested it by changing the parameter "shadow details" in the rendering options from "3d on aircraft" (or higher) to "overlay" and my cockpit got brighter. This I tested in the "Set to medium" and in the "Set to high" configuration.

I disabled all plugins except Gizmo64. You can see the details of the graphic card and driver on the renderings screen of my Windows 10 64bit x-plane system.

Thanks for your help

Set_to_medium.jpg

Dark_Cockpit.jpg

Bright_Cockpit.jpg

Thanks for the information.

I try to explain the "problem" with other words. All the following screen shots are made at the same date/time within x-plane, always with a cold and dark cockpit with different aircrafts.

In the 767PW-300ER I at least can read the text of the different instruments. Same within the JarDesign below

767PW-300ER_Cold_and_dark_Detail.jpg

JarDesign_A320_Cold_and_dark_Details.jpg

But in the IXEG - no way to read the approach button text - it is only dark and black. I almost can not read other text fields. In reality my eyes would adapt to the shadow and I could read everything in the shadowed cockpit. But in the IXEG I find it quit unrealistic dark at noon on a sunny day. Switching on the lights does not help a lot.

IXEG_Cold_and_dark_Detail.jpg

Here is one of the tutorial video screenshoots - not dark at all

Tutorial_Video.jpg

Best regards

IXEG_Cold_and_dark.jpg

767PW-300ER_Cold_and_dark.jpg

Thanks for the info. Changing the gamma settings does not really influence it.

My MCP even contains already shadows without "3d on aircraft" generated shadows. I think the above mentioned video was streamed without the "3d on aircraft" parameter set.

The following is a picture of my MCP without the "3d on aircraft" parameter set. The approach text is here also quite dark. I will use it this way.

IXEG_MCP_Shadows.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Hi, you are seeing the "baked shadows" which are a way of making the panel look more realistic. They are not rendered and calculated "in real time" - this would slow the simulator down too much. You will just have to memorize where the APP button is, if you find the writing too hard to read, I am afraid.

Cheers, Jan