Shadows and FLCH

apilot53@aol.com

I noticed when the angle of the sun is low and the sunlight is coming from behind the aircraft the cockpit acts like it has a hole in the back, sun just shines brightly through as if there was no back wall on the flightdeck.  I also had trouble with FLCH again today, it would not work properly when in mach mode, it would keep slowing and never pitch down to maintain mach number, but in ias mode it tried to maintain airspeed, with the usual quirks.

1 hour ago, apilot53@aol.com said:

I noticed when the angle of the sun is low and the sunlight is coming from behind the aircraft the cockpit acts like it has a hole in the back, sun just shines brightly through as if there was no back wall on the flightdeck.  I also had trouble with FLCH again today, it would not work properly when in mach mode, it would keep slowing and never pitch down to maintain mach number, but in ias mode it tried to maintain airspeed, with the usual quirks.

Shadows:

To my understanding this issue happens the same to any aircraft, the specular highlight on instruments from sunshine does not get blocked like other light. This is a xplane issue they have to fix.

FLCH

Never seen this. Can you attach a screen capture when this happens to see mode annunciators and what is going on? did you reset mcp alt?

One pictures shows the aircraft descending too rapidly for the selected speed, this happens with vnav and flch.  The second shows flch not maintaining speed and the problem with the sunlight.  In the picture it is dusk, and not just the instruments are bright, the whole panel is.

B733_4.png

B733_5.png

Edited by apilot53@aol.com

Hi apilot,

very weird - I have no idea what could be causing this - do you have a weather plugin installed? One that enhances looks by changing the artwork settings (like real-terra-haze)?

If you could, please make a short video of this happening, and also try again without any other plugins running (remove them completely, then reboot X-Plane) - just to troubleshoot the problem...

Also post you log.txt file after shutting down X-Plane after the incident.

Thanks, Jan

Or do you just have some chanced Skytextures (Skycolours)? I did use the Aerosoft Skytools and had some problems with changing lights in Cockpit if the Weather changes. After going back to the default X-Plane Skycolours all went fine. (I did keep the Skytools-Clouds.. they do make no troubles for me at this time...)

On 5/22/2016 at 2:57 AM, Litjan said:

Hi apilot,

very weird - I have no idea what could be causing this - do you have a weather plugin installed? One that enhances looks by changing the artwork settings (like real-terra-haze)?

If you could, please make a short video of this happening, and also try again without any other plugins running (remove them completely, then reboot X-Plane) - just to troubleshoot the problem...

Also post you log.txt file after shutting down X-Plane after the incident.

Thanks, Jan

I do have rth installed, and noaa wx, but I dont think noaa would cause a problem here.  Its as if the sim doesn't see the rear cockpit wall.  I dont have the capability to make a video, but it should be easy to reproduce, just set the time close to dusk, and point the aircraft away from the sun.  Also I had another issue with both vnav and flch the last time I flew,  the aircraft dives at 6000fpm and overshoots its target speed, even when the descent is started with the aircraft already at the target descent speed.  Hopefully this is on the list to be patched soon.

Edited by apilot53@aol.com