basic tutorial to get wing view / passenger cabin view

cmbaviator

Hi,

I had lots of common comments on my video : How do i get the Wing view...... As a noob on xplane10, I woud have thought that people would have know how to do so with the IXEG B737.

Start from the captain or FO view

1) save a view very close to cockpit windows ( Capt or FO) ( lets called the view X)

2) Go to back to a view where you can open  the Capt/FO window depending of your choice from Step1 and open the window

3) go back  to the view X, and you should be able to use now the arrow keys to navigate and go to the wings or inside the cabin.

4) don't forget to save the view

The only drawback is that you have to sacrifice a view like visual or observer or IFR to save the new wing view.

i guess you can do that on X-Camera to but i don't how it works even after reading the manual.

Edited by cmbaviator

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rsowder said:

Hi,

I tried doing this exactly as you have it listed, but with the window open, it simply won't let me go outside the cockpit. Am I missing something obvious or have they disabled this capability in the updates?

-being on the cockpit

-open the captain's window by cliking the window handler.

-move the camera forward to go out of the aircraft via the window, the camera will get stuck at the window, keep moving forward, left, right, forward forcing the camera to go out to the cockpit edge. You will not be able to go outside entirely, but just enough to then rotate the camera view pointing back to the window handler lever, clic it again to close the window behind you and now you are free to move outside of the aircraft.

-keep moving the camera till you reach the wing or any camera angle you like and save your xplane quick view.

Edited by mmerelles
misspelling

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was on final approach to KBOS, the window was not open and somehow I moved outside. I do not know what I did but after being out there I could not find the portal to get back in. Does any know how to get out ( without having the window open) and once out, how to get back in?

I did manage to land okay from the outside but it just didn't seem realistic.

1 hour ago, chaps said:

I was on final approach to KBOS, the window was not open and somehow I moved outside. I do not know what I did but after being out there I could not find the portal to get back in. Does any know how to get out ( without having the window open) and once out, how to get back in?

I did manage to land okay from the outside but it just didn't seem realistic.

Hit the "W" key...

Jan

• 5 months later...
On 5/17/2016 at 6:41 AM, cmbaviator said:

Hi,

I had lots of common comments on my video : How do i get the Wing view...... As a noob on xplane10, I woud have thought that people would have know how to do so with the IXEG B737.

Start from the captain or FO view

1) save a view very close to cockpit windows ( Capt or FO) ( lets called the view X)

2) Go to back to a view where you can open  the Capt/FO window depending of your choice from Step1 and open the window

3) go back  to the view X, and you should be able to use now the arrow keys to navigate and go to the wings or inside the cabin.

4) don't forget to save the view

The only drawback is that you have to sacrifice a view like visual or observer or IFR to save the new wing view.

i guess you can do that on X-Camera to but i don't how it works even after reading the manual.

Thanks for the tip on getting my wing view! finally...here is a shot of it...sacrificed my observer view...heh

B733_13 wing.jpg

Edited by lineman55
  • Upvote 1