Powerlines blinking with WX on

crisk73

I've noticed this strange behaviour of power lines blinking from cockpit view with the WX switch on; they look normal upon turning the switch off.

Photoreal scenery plus w2xp Europe from Simheaven, last NV drivers. I'm going to make some tests with the default scenery.

Does anybody have this same issue?

https://youtu.be/ODTLf1eGnJs

I also want to confirm the issue. Did some tests and found out that you don´t need to power up the Plane. In Cold and Dark you only need to switch the WX Radar on and the blinking begins, but only in the Cockpit view, not on an Outside view. Removed all Plugins from Plugins-Folder except for Gizmo and removed all Custom Scenery, but it didn´t change anything, blinking is still there.

Sven

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Cosmopilot said:

Ha, I wondered why they are blinking and now I see this topic. Just tried to disable the WX, and the blinking stopped. Nice find!

Same here, at first I thought this was something in my nvidia settings as I tend to customize them a lot but even after clean driver reinstall the problem persisted. Nice find indeed to figure out its the WX radar.

Dear all, you seem to have discovered a very interesting electro magnetic phenomena, involving microwaves in the radar spectrum hitting metal wires at the appropriate distance and angle, known to cause optical hallucinations with aircrews. :P

Edit: fixed in next patch,

Edited by Nils
  • Upvote 3