Chase view aircraft control (from software)

jknox

I am hoping someone can just give me some basic pointers in the right direction.  I need to generate a chase view of the aircraft, using data I already have (lat/lon, pitch, roll, etc.).  I would think this is so common a desire that such a capability may already exist.  However, it looks like I need to right a "dummy" plugin (a plugin that simply takes my data and overrides what X-plane thinks the next aircraft motion will be).

Right?  Or is there a simpler way to do it?  Again, any pointers appreciated.

That's right...  "Would I be right in assuming you want to use x-plane as a visual system, slaved to another input source for the flight data?"

As you say, I would be surprised if it hadn't been done before - probably many times.  I looked through the plugin SDK site and didn't see anything.  It was clear, however, that it could be done by writing a new plugin that simply overrode the aircraft data over and over, every time it was called.  I can certainly do that.  Still, it wasn't clear if there wasn't another BETTER way - seemed kind of brute force.    tnx...