Auto Throttle

TXGrunt

2 hours ago, TXGrunt said:

I have been having a problem with auto throttle going to "0" every time I get to cruising altitude. Anybody else having this problem?

Hi - this doesn´t sound like intended behaviour! Can you beef this report up with some pics or even a short video so we can see what might be going on?

Thanks, Jan

Hello! 

Its very difficult to try and get pics of this happening or a video. All I know is that it happens every time just before or after top of climb, my speed resets to 0 and then I have to manually bring my speed back up. If I'm not paying attention at the time this happens, I'm sure you can figure the rest out. :P

Another note, not sure if its related or unrelated. I am having a problem with oscillating throttle on climbs. 

Edited by TXGrunt

36 minutes ago, TXGrunt said:

Hello! 

Its very difficult to try and get pics of this happening or a video. All I know is that it happens every time just before or after top of climb, my speed resets to 0 and then I have to manually bring my speed back up. If I'm not paying attention at the time this happens, I'm sure you can figure the rest out. :P

Another note, not sure if its related or unrelated. I am having a problem with oscillating throttle on climbs. 

do you use any external hardware for the throttle?

1 minute ago, TXGrunt said:

I use the logitech extreme 3d pro

ok, then it "seems" your are leaving your throttle hardware leaver at a low setting and your hardware is sending noise to the aircraft retarding the aircraft throttles.

It is quite important during takeoff:

1. you apply enough throttle lever for initial engine stabilization

2. then engage TO thrust for autothrottle to engage

3. Pay attention during takeoff roll when throttle ghost come on the screen and move forward your hardware lever to sync them. Otherwise your hardware is trying to tell the aircraft i am retarded, i am retarded, i am retarded and the aircraft is fighting this.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mmerelles said:

ok, then it "seems" your are leaving your throttle hardware leaver at a low setting and your hardware is sending noise to the aircraft retarding the aircraft throttles.

It is quite important during takeoff:

1. you apply enough throttle lever for initial engine stabilization

2. then engage TO thrust for autothrottle to engage

3. Pay attention during takeoff roll when throttle ghost come on the screen and move forward your hardware lever to sync them. Otherwise your hardware is trying to tell the aircraft i am retarded, i am retarded, i am retarded and the aircraft is fighting this.

I will give this a shot next time! Thank you for the advice. I will report back after my next flight.

• Upvote 1

I am still getting the oscillating throttle on climbs. I have a video of it, if you guys need to see what Im talking about. (I did ensure that my hardware throttle was set to the ghost A/T too.

Also,  the speed bug is still being reset to 0 after or before top of climb.

Edited by TXGrunt

your flaps are still at 5, the aircraft will protect itself not to rip them. You can not cruise having them deployed.

unfortunately the video limits itselft pointing the throttles, it would be really nice if you can run the video again, but when you are experiencing the problem to point the camera around the entire cockpit to see what the instruments are telling you. What modes are engaged on the HSI, etc. etc.

32 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

your flaps are still at 5, the aircraft will protect itself not to rip them. You can not cruise having them deployed.

unfortunately the video limits itselft pointing the throttles, it would be really nice if you can run the video again, but when you are experiencing the problem to point the camera around the entire cockpit to see what the instruments are telling you. What modes are engaged on the HSI, etc. etc.

Yes the flaps are still at position 5 but I still get the throttle issue regardless of flap position. I will make another video showing the entire panel next time. 

I just recently got this issue on 1.04. It happens multiple times during a flight. At first it happened when I reached cruising. Then it happened randomy a few times during cruise. I was on LNAV and alt and speed hold. It just happens randomly. (I'm talking about the autothrottle going to 001 knots) 

Edited by poodster

24 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Ok, will have to see if I can reproduce that...

Jan

The only information I can give is that it happens sometimes at, or after toc, and it randomly happened during cruise. It's really hard for me to reproduce. If I find a way I'll let you know