Method to save waypoints in FMC

iGoApp

this would be 

1 hour ago, iGoApp said:

Hello.

I believe that a few months ago, I saw a topic in the forum that showed a method/function to save waypoints in IXEG's FMC. I cannot find it now. Can someone please point to it?

Thanks a lot!

this would be great, but I think the devs removed this very helpful feature.

tom

To create a company route create a file with text editor in "X-Plane 10\Aircraft\X-Aviation\IXEG 737 Classic\coroutes\LIRFLKPR.fpl" that looks like this :

LIRF TIMOV UZ242 SOVAN UL995 AMTEL DCT OMAKU UT558 LUMAV UM726 KOGOL UN871 NENUM UZ39 DOMAL Z39 GOSEK LKPR

Then you can load it in the FMC by entering the basename of the file "LIRFLKPR" in my case into the coroute input box on the RTE page.

Edited by lanmancz
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, lanmancz said:

To create a company route create a file with text editor in "X-Plane 10\Aircraft\X-Aviation\IXEG 737 Classic\coroutes\LIRFLKPR.fpl" that looks like this :

LIRF TIMOV UZ242 SOVAN UL995 AMTEL DCT OMAKU UT558 LUMAV UM726 KOGOL UN871 NENUM UZ39 DOMAL Z39 GOSEK LKPR

Then you can load it in the FMC by entering the basename of the file "LIRFLKPR" in my case into the coroute input box on the RTE page.

No, I was looking for the actual piece of code that could be used in a third-party plugin. Thanks anyways. Do you know if the plan text can include SIDs, STARs and approaches? Cheers.

9 hours ago, hhbrbg said:

this would be 

this would be great, but I think the devs removed this very helpful feature.

tom

Thanks!

Edited by iGoApp

Hi,

there are fields for SID and STAR as well as Runways, Approach and Transitions, but id doesnt seem to make a difference. Even if u populate all those fields, the fmc doesnt open it, it only cares about the waypoints and airways.

just in case u dont like using a text editor u can use an application i made for this purpose. 

In the next hofix, we will be implementing the ability to save company routes; HOWEVER, this will not include the saving of procedures...only the departure and arrival airports and at least one enroute waypoint.  This is accurate to the real thing and why we chose to go this way.   We will save the coroutes in the same formate we read, that is:  *.fpl  format.

whenever the minimal information is entered to save a route, the RTE page 1 will displaye a '<SAVE ROUTE' option.  Routes with a disco in them will not be saved though.

-tkyler

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to the latest Aerosoft navdata.

Trying to enter the above route. 

POS INIT: entering LIRF without problems. Then I go to ROUTE and enter LIRF in ORIGIN or DEST fields. It gives me: NOT IN DATABASE.

Anyone has the same problem?

That is weird ... make sure that you reboot the plane when transferring to a new area of the world, sometimes the navdatabase will not be loaded into the FMC whithout rebooting. Example: You fly around in Texas. Now you move your plane to LIRF (having the option of reboot on repositioning off) - now there will be no navdata for Europe in the FMC (we can not always load the whole world, it would slow down the database access too much).

Jan

• Upvote 1