Video with New planes of XPlane10 (recorded on XPlane9) JRollon Video. NEW!

Japo32

Wow look at the 747 with realistic lights. Will it have a 3d pit? 1 month ago there was almost nothing on Xplane 10 and I was guessing a release date of mid to late 2011. Suddenly all these videos pics and I've heard a release date between Thanks Giving and Christmas (Something I've heard just a rough idea).

Can't wait and Shuttle looks stunning

Andy

simply amazing.. one question, those planes that you didn't show the pit for, are they going to have a 3d cockpit?

No.. for the 1.0 version won't have it (except the shuttle and x15).. BUT!!! when I build a plane I think on it totally shape.... so.. My intentions if Austin let me do it and don't have more important things to do, are to make them on future sub-versions of x-plane 10. Lets see what we see... For sure Xplane versions are never finished of new things to come (still x-plane 9 have new things to offer)

I wished that video would never end. ¡Magnifico! ;D

Btw, was any of this shot in XP10?

Yes the 747 was. I can tell because of the Beacon light.

NO NO NO.. I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR!! ALL OF THOSE SHOTS WHERE RENDERED ON X-PLANE9.... but I have techniques to make all appear a little better. The tools are there on x-plane9.

Wow! All those aircraft look great, congratulations!!!

Are those aircraft all still WIP? One small thing I noticed with the 747 is that the "hump" doesn't look quite right. Are you doing a new 2D panel for the 747 or will it just use the default XP9 version?

Still is WIP because I need to implement them on x-plane 10 new light system.. and other issues I find. For now the 2d panels are like the same.. until I receive the order to change them. You know x-plane sub-version changes lots of things! Makes x-plane alive software!

My understanding is that all the aircraft there will only have 2d cockpits except for the Space shuttle and X-15. For the 747 will you be doing your own 2d cockpit or will use the V9 unrealistic panel. If so for a separate payware package of just the cockpit I would be happy to pay $30 or more.

Just a couple of comments regarding the 747...

1) The fans seem to spin a little slow.  Could they have more "blur"?

2) On landing the main bogies seem to stay tilted until the nose wheel touches the ground.  Shouldn't they progressively move to a level attitude as the pivot point gets closer to the ground (ie even before the nose wheel touches the ground).  Ive never seen double bogies done right in any sim (FS9/FSX or XP).  Would be amazing if you could get them working right for XP10.  Maybe XP10 has better support for animating these double bogies?  If not then surely Austin would take your request for such an enhancement seriously.

3) That's are hard landing for sure but do you think the wing flex at the tips is just a little excessive?

4) Also, why do the slats seem to flicker, some texture issue?  (I'm referring to the landing sequence)

5) During the landing roll the 747 seems to "rock" as it rolls along the runway.  Is this artificial rocking still in XP10?  You think Austin could be convinced to make it configurable, I just dont think it looks right (too much  "rocking")

6) I know you said it has no VC or custom 2D cockpit, but do you plan to sell a separate VC or 2D cockpit that can be used with the your default XP10 747?  Even if it had no custom systems/no custom gauges but just a nicely textured VC using default XP gauges would be a good seller IMHO.

Anyway, congrats on this aircraft and an amazing looking model! Really looking forward to XP10.

Matthew... if I would concentrate on release the perfect 747 then I couldn't do the rest of things that also are important. For example I think most poeple would like to have buildings on default airports... that is what I will concentrate now.

Of course when I have time.. then I can make it better but for sure I always know one thing.. "if you try to make happy to everyone you will be sad forever" It is imposible.. and more with the incredible eyes poeple have.

But I do my best.. and try to have the best. Release 7 aircrafts.. in 4-5 months is a record.. Totally when I am also working on CRJ.. was working on Mentor.. and trying to have time with family!! hehe

these are little step all comunity makes.. Xplane 10 will be better than 9.. and if everything is ok.. there will be an 11 version much better than 10... As I say.. Step by Step.

Thanks for all your support!

:)

About the flickering in some parts.. When you record a video from a camera far away from the plane that happens. It is called Errors with Zbuffering.. and there is no game it fix it. Only maybe level of details.. but you will see with zoom the plane very awfull.

Matthew... if I would concentrate on release the perfect 747 then I couldn't do the rest of things that also are important. For example I think most poeple would like to have buildings on default airports... that is what I will concentrate now.

Of course when I have time.. then I can make it better but for sure I always know one thing.. "if you try to make happy to everyone you will be sad forever" It is imposible.. and more with the incredible eyes poeple have.

But I do my best.. and try to have the best. Release 7 aircrafts.. in 4-5 months is a record.. Totally when I am also working on CRJ.. was working on Mentor.. and trying to have time with family!! hehe

these are little step all comunity makes.. Xplane 10 will be better than 9.. and if everything is ok.. there will be an 11 version much better than 10... As I say.. Step by Step.

Thanks for all your support!

:)

About the flickering in some parts.. When you record a video from a camera far away from the plane that happens. It is called Errors with Zbuffering.. and there is no game it fix it. Only maybe level of details.. but you will see with zoom the plane very awfull.

So will there be the standard V9 cockpit in the 747 which I consider unrealistic or will you make a good 2d one like in the x737

if I would concentrate on release the perfect 747 then I couldn't do the rest of things that also are important.

Ok... but this the 747, the glamour aircraft of all time, and its a default aircraft in XP10, so it will be seen/flown by more people than any other aircraft in the XP "world" IMO.

If I could wish for just one thing it would be the fan blades spinning a little faster, like with your CRJ. At the moment it looks like they are at idle (not even that).

Matthew,

That flickering has been in MSFS for ages. Same as what Cameron stated for X-Plane, do the same thing in FS. Replay a landing, switch to tower view and zoom to your aircraft when it is still far away. Bingo, z-buffer flickers. Javier rightly mentions that this can happen in any game, DX/OpenGL whatever. It is not a big issue because it isn't the norm.

I am surprised when people ask about whether these shots were done in XP10, seeing that there was a lot of labels (in video) mentioning it to be shot in XP9, even Austin stated that. Imagine what else you're going to miss out on if you don't read the fine print.  :)

For those that haven't tested XP 9.60 RC2, I'm getting the idea that some subtle lighting/reflection features are being tested that wasn't there before that surprised be. Maybe I just haven't noticed it and it existed for a long time.  :-[

Excellent work Javier!