Is it too soon???

hadoken

Ok, now that we all have been flying our 737 classic, by far the best simulation in all of flight sim in my opinion. What do you think our new favorite developers at IXEG have in store next? Do you think it's too soon to start the what's next question?  This aircraft is the first time that we have had a chance to really see what's possible on the XPX platform.

That said, I'm now very curious to see what else IXEG can pull off on this platform. Do you think IXEG will follow the path of Level-D, releasing the one hit wonder B767-300ER, or do you think they can be our version of PMDG for XPX? I hope IXEG take some time to enjoy the success of this launch and continue to respond to bug reports for the 737. But I hope sometime in the future we hear plans of what they have in store for us next. Can you imagine a IXEG 777 or 787? X-Plane would dominate if they did that.

FlyTampa, FSDT, Flightbeam Studio Taxi2Gate wake up! The future of flight simulation is here on X-Plane. It's got to be a bummer missing out on all those sales when the 737 was released. Heck I bought 3 new sceneries on release day, but none from these developers because they are stuck in the 32bit past.

I have no doubt that PMDG have paid attention to the successful launch of this aircraft, and I'm very curious to see what they can do with the platform as well. For now IXEG, you have the floor. Our ears are open and we are on the edge of our seats. You have our full attention.

• Upvote 2

What we hope is that we now have shown other developers what really can be done in XP, and that this will bring more designers over.  With PMDG around the corner I'm sure more will follow :)

As for us, we have no idea atm, as you know we need to finish this bird first.

Cheers,

M

• Upvote 9

Way too soon indeed. I feel that as amazing as the launch version of this plane is, we are going to be blown away by the complete version. That in itself seems like another project. With that done though, I would love to see the -400. Why? because even more airlines fly it.  

• Upvote 1

I've been flight simming since 1998  mainly FS98 &  FSX (which is been uninstalled for 6 months now) and I have never been so immersed, this plane is just unbelievable, I'm not bothered if nobody did another plane for X plane ever again, I will fly ixeg 737 now for a good number of years for sure, I love it, incredible incredible simulation. Thank you guys. 

Regards

Paul EGCC 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, jailer said:

What is the appeal of the -400?  I don't see much difference aside from MTOW, but I'm genuinely curious.

Some airlines (e.g. Qantas) only operated the -400s, so it' normal for people to want the -400 in order to simulate operations of their favorite airline.

Also the -400s are very popular as converted freighters, and this is how many of the surviving 737 classics will serve out the rest of their useful lives.

I'm quite happy to pay more for the -400/500/Cargo variants, with the -300 as the base package. PMDG split the NGX into 2 packages.

Edited by avantime
  • Upvote 3