Going Around

Hi guys

I tested the going-around procedures as i read in the manuals, but not sure about if it were correct.

SInce i made a LNAV/VNAV approach the SPD-indicator wasn't showing an actual speed since the speed was managed by the FMS. So i could first NOT press the SPD-button as Jan suggested in a thread and had to disconnect the A/T. Then i pressed the TOGA-button on the throttles (not the one one the side taht should be for taking off). But as i pressed it the engines didnt went to GA-power and i had to manually push the throttles full forward. Not sure what i have done wrong here? Or was i only supposed to push the TOGA-button as the "A/T" were active?

And another question i have is if there would be possible to assign the TOGA-button to the joystick since it is very challenging having to look down to the throttles and searching for the right button when flying in heavy gust winds 200ft over the ground and having to engage a Go-Around :) It would be really amazing if we could engage the GA from the joystick. I tried to assign the default "ENGAGE TOGA power" to the joystick but nothing happened. So i guess it would need a special-command we have to search through the file structure folders under IXEG.

Thanks a lot and cheers
Franz

Hmm, a lot to clear up here. I suggest that you work your way through the tutorial videos one by one - I have sworn to myself not to teach someone fly the 737 here in the forums. Do the tutorials, and you will have a much better idea where you went wrong. Everything you are asking here is explained in them.

Just for info - from your post I can see that the airplane behaved just like it should.

Good luck and have fun, Jan

1 hour ago, frankbyte said:

And another question i have is if there would be possible to assign the TOGA-button to the joystick since it is very challenging having to look down to the throttles and searching for the right button when flying in heavy gust winds 200ft over the ground and having to engage a Go-Around :) It would be really amazing if we could engage the GA from the joystick. I tried to assign the default "ENGAGE TOGA power" to the joystick but nothing happened. So i guess it would need a special-command we have to search through the file structure folders under IXEG.

The default TO/GA power setting definitely works. There is a post somewhere where this is mentioned.

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Hmm, a lot to clear up here. I suggest that you work your way through the tutorial videos one by one - I have sworn to myself not to teach someone fly the 737 here in the forums. Do the tutorials, and you will have a much better idea where you went wrong. Everything you are asking here is explained in them.

Just for info - from your post I can see that the airplane behaved just like it should.

Good luck and have fun, Jan

Hi Jan

Let's say i've read about 80% of all manuals and tutorials. I overflew the places i already knew but some important informations were hidden there because i read it again more carefully. So you're right :)

22 minutes ago, dr_nerdrage said:

The default TO/GA power setting definitely works. There is a post somewhere where this is mentioned.

I will just try that again now...hope it will work.