Creating Ortho4XP Scenery

Joers182

Hey All, 

Pretty new to this forum and X-plane. I've got a question regarding creating photo scenery. Hope this is in the right section.

I've previously downloaded HD mesh V3 and UHD mesh for x-plane which i've installed and overwritten the standard scenery with. I've now learnt how to use Ortho4XP and my word does the photoreal look great!.

I noticed that ortho4xp creates the mesh aswell. So what should I do when I create the photo scenery for areas that are already covered by HD mesh v3 and UHD mesh?. 

I'm not really sure I should keep both meshes? Can anyone give any advice?

Thanks,

Joe

Orth4XP does indeed create a new nesh and so all other meshes are disabled and can be removed from disk, in order to save space. HD mesh and UHD mesh, however, have some elements that Ortho4XP will not generate by default, like roads and autogen scenery; in order to recover those elements you must instruct Ortho4XP to sniff either default x-plane mesh or HD mesh, so, you should only remove the latter after having generated tho overlay for that area.

José

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info. I do indeed direct ortho4xp to the hd mesh files to retrieve the overlay data. Such a great tool. I will continue to make my photo scenery and then remove hd mesh from the areas I've replaced. Thanks again.