Correct Taking Off procedure

Hi guys

It looks like i a beginner question....but i am still not sure about the correct procedure for taking off. And yes i did read the manuals ;)

1. The first strange thing is that since the last update, there is no more N1-limits showing up above the circles that shows the actual values. I can only see the actual N1-value and not the one it should be. Those values i refer to only appear if i pull the "pull to set N1" button. But i have to set them manually then. If i remember right the max. n1-values for every starge (TO/CLB/CRZ etc.) were automatically showed in previous versions...

2. During taking off, as soon as i push the TOGA-button on the throttle (on the side of the throttles) i get a A/T disconnect. And if i push the N1-button (what is much more easy) it doens't seem to have the same effect (shouldn't both do the same?): the thrust then goes forward and i adjust manually the throttle so that it matches with the ghost-throttles. Is that the right procedure?

Once again: this plane is absoluetely amazing! I really enjoy it :)

Thanks and cheers
Franz

6 hours ago, frankbyte said:

1. The first strange thing is that since the last update, there is no more N1-limits showing up above the circles that shows the actual values. I can only see the actual N1-value and not the one it should be. Those values i refer to only appear if i pull the "pull to set N1" button. But i have to set them manually then. If i remember right the max. n1-values for every starge (TO/CLB/CRZ etc.) were automatically showed in previous versions...

Not sure if I understand you correctly. AFAIK, it should only be showing you TO/CLB/CRZ *unless* you "pull to set N1".

6 hours ago, frankbyte said:

2. During taking off, as soon as i push the TOGA-button on the throttle (on the side of the throttles) i get a A/T disconnect. And if i push the N1-button (what is much more easy) it doens't seem to have the same effect (shouldn't both do the same?): the thrust then goes forward and i adjust manually the throttle so that it matches with the ghost-throttles. Is that the right procedure?

There are two different buttons on the throttle, both exist on either side. The one found on the side of the throttle handle is the A/T disconnect button (it is labeled A/T disconnect).

The other button is found "under" the handle, on the lever part of the throttle. This is the Take-off/Go-around button you want to press.

Edited by dr_nerdrage
level -> lever

Thanks. You're right, i guess that i pushed the A/T button instead of the TOGA button. I will try it again.

About the missing n1-value: i am almost 100% sure that in a previous version, the max n1-value was visible (and that we did not have to adapt it by ourselves by pressing that button. We also can see that value in a lot of preintscreens of the manual, but i could be wrong of course :))