Last Night Flight

maxikz

I was flying KATL to KLGA last night . Everything was going great until T/D. Since VNAV does not calculate decent path correctly I had use speed brakes to maintain correct decent profile, on top of that kids playing in the room = miss approach. That's fine I can turn around and try again but as soon as you enter new STAR GIZMO FMS crash , again and again and fms is dead. So i hit reload and its back to working state, after that I was able to enter STAR. No my issues didn't end here, Glide Scope stopped working!  This is super annoying when FMS crashes and it never ever happened to me with other planes. So if you want to fly this bird without issues you need to program FMS and don't add/change points or STARS in the middle of the flight . I decided I will not fly IXEG for now until FMS Gimzo crashed are fixed .

I am not attaching any logs since with problem was reported already . Just my two cents ...

Thank you

Version 1.0.3

Edited by maxikz

On 5/10/2016 at 0:20 PM, maxikz said:

I was flying KATL to KLGA last night . Everything was going great until T/D. Since VNAV does not calculate decent path correctly I had use speed brakes to maintain correct decent profile, on top of that kids playing in the room = miss approach. That's fine I can turn around and try again but as soon as you enter new STAR GIZMO FMS crash , again and again and fms is dead. So i hit reload and its back to working state, after that I was able to enter STAR. No my issues didn't end here, Glide Scope stopped working!  This is super annoying when FMS crashes and it never ever happened to me with other planes. So if you want to fly this bird without issues you need to program FMS and don't add/change points or STARS in the middle of the flight . I decided I will not fly IXEG for now until FMS Gimzo crashed are fixed .

I am not attaching any logs since with problem was reported already . Just my two cents ...

Thank you

Version 1.0.3

Well its up to you if you want to fly it or not, but come on, this beautiful bird is fresh out of the nest, give the devs time to fix some of the issues, you can't expect a perfect product on first release.

Some just do not realize the complexity of the coding involved, thousands and thousands lines of code that the devs have to revise and go through every time someone reports a bug, also the programmer has to be sure that when fixing part of the code, the fix is not actually breaking something else.

Believe me when I tell you, it's a very very complex process. Give it some time, after all It's only v1.03.

Edited by cfrankling
  • Upvote 2