OSX installer does not work???

kiwi

Hi,

Just purchased and downloaded the T34C from x-aviation. All seemed to go ok - got a 174.8 meg zip on desktop. When I extract this I get a Beechcraft folder with a 'common' folder which has a 'liveries' folder and an 'objects' folder, I also get the osx app (and unix and windows exe). I am running osx 10.6.4 on an iMac but when I double click on the 'Mentor-osx-installer.app' nothing happens.

Anybody got any ideas on how to install this?

Thanks

I dont know but I am running Snow Leopard and had no problems. If trouble your having getting through it read the manual but Jrollon have done a good job of simplifying it.  If you have problem opening it there might have been a problem during the download, try downloading it again before your download link expires and if it has contact Cameron.

Thanks for the quick reply, yes I have read the manual but it doesn't really help as my installer is not working. The manual refers to the steps when installing under windows which is fine but i am on a mac and double clicking the app does nothing - no new window appears etc. I tried to move the beechcraft folder manually as I do with all other aircraft downloads but it appears there are files missing, the main .acf for example - the one you choose when loading a new aircraft from within xplane. I'll try downloading again and see what happens.

Did you use the osx installer or manually install?

Did you use the osx installer or manually install?

There's no way to install it manually, so it's safe to assume every buyer has installed it from the installer. :)

Kiwi,

Please swing on over to X-Aviation's tech support line here: http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/contact_us.php

We'll work through troubleshooting your issue. Be sure to include your order # and details!

I have downloaded the package twice with the same result - osx installer app does not work.

For those that have had it install corecctly (on a mac) which version installer did you use? The one that I have downloaded is version 3.

I have also contacted x-aviation but as yet have not had a response.

I have contacted with Cameron now.. It is a problem I cannot solve (with installer) but if you still have that problem.. I will send you the files to fly the Mentor. But first lets wait to Cameron and see what happens becuase maybe is a problem with more users (noone but you told us about this problem... ).. well we will see

Thankyou for your patience!  :)

I have downloaded the package twice with the same result - osx installer app does not work.

It works fine on every other system so far, including my own.

For those that have had it install corecctly (on a mac) which version installer did you use? The one that I have downloaded is version 3.

There is only one out there since first day of distribution. Yours is the same as everyone else.

I have also contacted x-aviation but as yet have not had a response.

You'll get a reply shortly.