XP 10.50/Wind Aloft/NOAA

Hello.

When XP 10.50 arrivies it will most likley use NOAA as source for downloading weather.

For XP 10.45 the XP weather is only downloaded every 60 minutes.
If that continues on XP 10.50, can/will you add a feature for RWC that can trigger that download more often. like every 10 or 15 min ? 60min as default is too rare when flying online at VATSIM or other online networks.:)

If you can, I see no point of using NOAA plugin anymore. Or maybe it is some other plugin that can download XP default weather more often.

There's no way that I'm aware of for a plugin to tell X-Plane "download weather now." But if RWC is in "always" mode, we download it ourselves - and we could do it more frequently if we wanted to.

Thing is, if new weather conditions come in for the location you're at right now, then we need to change our representation of the weather - and many users find that distracting. It's one of those things where you can't make everyone happy. Some people want it to update more often, others want it to never update once you've started flying.

Exposing the download frequency as a configuration option's an idea, though.

On lundi 9 mai 2016 at 0:28 AM, sundog said:

There's no way that I'm aware of for a plugin to tell X-Plane "download weather now." But if RWC is in "always" mode, we download it ourselves - and we could do it more frequently if we wanted to.

Thing is, if new weather conditions come in for the location you're at right now, then we need to change our representation of the weather - and many users find that distracting. It's one of those things where you can't make everyone happy. Some people want it to update more often, others want it to never update once you've started flying.

Exposing the download frequency as a configuration option's an idea, though.

can't you interpolate the weather between 2 station ? like instead of going to a cloudless sky to an overcasted sky, clouds will be rendered  smoothly between these 2 stations ?

3 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

can't you interpolate the weather between 2 station ? like instead of going to a cloudless sky to an overcasted sky, clouds will be rendered  smoothly between these 2 stations ?

The upcoming SkyMaxx Pro 3.2 update will have an option to only apply updated weather to areas you haven't yet flown into, so it should be seamless when weather is updated.

I'm not really a fan of smoothing out the weather like you're describing; you'd never see crisp frontal boundaries then. I believe FSGRW does this though - they fabricate METAR stations for the purpose of blending weather between them. If you're using RWC in "automatic" mode with FSGRW, then you'll get the behavior you want.

Just now, sundog said:

The upcoming SkyMaxx Pro 3.2 update will have an option to only apply updated weather to areas you haven't yet flown into, so it should be seamless when weather is updated.

I'm not really a fan of smoothing out the weather like you're describing; you'd never see crisp frontal boundaries then. I believe FSGRW does this though - they fabricate METAR stations for the purpose of blending weather between them. If you're using RWC in "automatic" mode with FSGRW, then you'll get the behavior you want.

okay,

i know use xplane default real weather and NOAA for wind, i don't use FSGRW anymore