Very low FPS, GPU and CPU not fully on duty

Broeselmappe

Hi there, 

I know, the topic seems to be old and asked 1000 times...
Anyways... I can´t figure out. how to improve my x-plane settings to get better FPS.

On approach to EDDK I get araound 8-10 FPS. Max 15...

With my CPU (i7 4770k @ 4,2GHz) and GPU (R9 290 Tri-X @ 1090MHz 4 GB VRAM) and 32GB RAM I exypect better.
I attach some screens from my settings and the log.txt, scenery.ini. 
I wish someone could help and point to my bottleneck,... :(

Sceneries: EDDK (importet with FS2XP), W2XP Europe and some others, see screen...

Appreciate the help...

Thomas

CPUGPU1.jpg

render1.jpg

scen1.jpg

smp01.jpg

xplane1.jpg

Log.txt

scenery_packs.ini

Hiya,

You won't get a steady 100% gpu usage

It's normal for that 10% to 100% spike, i have an r9 290x and i've never seen ingame anything tax it to total usage

Here's a pic of my settings and i'll post a quick vid of a quick vid a while back, lowest fps was 24 dipped to 21 for a micro second on runway taking off KLGA -> KATL

I'm still sifting through my sceneries, no smp/rwc installed for now

Running HD Mesh v3 (all of them that are released)

No RTH

No plugins besides Gizmo (for the 737 classic)

I did try w2xp lastnight, great visuals on masses of buildings, but, asap clouds appeared, my fps took a nose dive ;)

Shadows in all most games/sims beat down your fps

X-Plane 2016-05-09 22-11-57-63.jpg

If you can and air cooling allows, clock the gpu core some more, but, i think my now un-used 2nd r9 is the exact same as yours, and i found it was nowhere near as good as the one i use

For fps, it's a game of patiently trying different settings

ps : i game in 1920x1200 at 60hz

Maybe the settings might help you, also, make sure your scenery ini is layered properly

Tony

Hiya,

I see the gpu temp is fine at 67c

Which driver have you got installed ?

I am fussy and check drivers and sometimes drop back, don't always assume the latest n greatest driver is the best (i'm sure you know this)

The latest beta i find is fine on my r9 290x

Get gpu-z running, with gpu-z running, go fly for a minute, alt+tab out and check gpu-z, click just right of the GPU Core Clock until it shows 'max'

Now on mine even though clocked to 1267 on the core, a quick check shows mines maxed at 1095 or just over, so i'm down by 150-160 until i get low and into heavy rendering areas

Get into some real heavy fps laggy areas and keep checking usage

If you can't see the usage raise then i'll have to have another rethink

Tony

ps: just reached 1133 but i'm stuck in middle of no heavy terrain, so dove down to the deck lol, now climbing back if usage rises i'll post back ;)

pps : Just hit my 1267 usage lol, stonking back up to FL300 like a bat outa hell, lots of stock clouds and turned night into day to see the odd light lol

I'm guessing come finals at KATL i'll be solid maxed, if not EHAM or KLAX/KSFO will do the job :P

Edited by Defiance_co
added text

Hiya,

I would look to overclock her some more, but never having that chip i dunno if you're towards the top range of its capabilities

Try and find a forum where they do overclocking and have a database if you can, might give you some insight into whether you can clock her a bit more

Also, most obvious, maybe post in the hardware section here asking for the same cpu users for input, i'm sure plenty use that cpu i know it's decent

Tony

ps : i upgraded from i7 920 so i'm well chuffed, just saving/waiting for nvidia/amd to choose which gpu will take me 4yrs or more into the future hehe