Rnav Approaches

Hey All,

I was doing an RNAV approach in the 733 the other day and it suddenly occurred to me, if I remember correctly the 738 NGX draws a 'fake' glide slope on the PFD when you hit the APP button on the MCP during an RNAV approach. Does the 733 behave in the same way?

Joe

21 minutes ago, Cosmopilot said:

There are no "real" GPS approaches in the 733 as in the NG. Use LNAV and VNAV/VS/FLCH to fly the vertical app according the charts. Remember that you can not set the GA Altitude in that case.

Thanks for clearing that up! Such a wealth of information about operating this aircraft. I'm trying to take it all in :D

@ OP

When performing a RNAV approach, set a speed constraint at FAF : Vref+5kts+1-3kts depending on the wind. You really want to do a stabilized app. So be sure to be at Vapp 1Nm before FAF (gear down and Flaps30/40). then check your approach chart, it should give you the V/S depedning on speed, at 0.2 NM, set the V/S accordingly to the value given by the chart. then check the VDEV indication on the EHSI and change the V/S accordingly but don't try to be pintpoint accurate on the middle and check the PAPI/VASI lights also. when AP/AT has correctly trimmed the aircraft and trhat the N1 is stable, disengage AP/AT and fly manually :)

• Upvote 2