Jump to content
TheFriedchicken

Virtual First Officer

Recommended Posts

What about adding a virtual first officer to do the callouts?

 

for example,

V1, VR and V2

Flaps callouts

Positive rate callout

 

and possibly others. Take jardesigns a320 for example. But better. Anyone feel free to add others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how I feel about these sort of features. I definitely think it could be helpful sometimes (there's a reason we had the flap callouts in v1.0), but I also think it could probably be better done by an add-on like Multi-Crew Experience.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, K4bel123 said:

+1

featuring Jan would be nice but I guess he wouldn´t like to play the FO haha :D

Not sure if you are joking or not, but I totally agree. Jan for the F/O sounds would be nice. He has a nice and calm voice. So, selecting 'German First Officer' is an option :P

- So, I think it's a nice feature. But, make it optional! We must be able to turn the feature on or off. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dr_nerdrage said:

I don't know how I feel about these sort of features. I definitely think it could be helpful sometimes (there's a reason we had the flap callouts in v1.0), but I also think it could probably be better done by an add-on like Multi-Crew Experience.

It would not be for actually doing things in the aircraft, just for callouts only so I can constrate on the takeoff. Just like real life, but there does need to be a good plugin like fs2crew for xplane. As of now there are no good plugins for this (like fs2crew standard).

 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheFriedchicken said:

It would not be for actually doing things in the aircraft, just for callouts only so I can constrate on the takeoff. Just like real life, but there does need to be a good plugin like fs2crew for xplane. As of now there are no good plugins for this (like fs2crew standard).

 

:)

You're right, that at this moment nothing for IXEG, but ....

 http://www.avsim.com/topic/487666-ixeg-737-to-be-supported/

 http://www.multicrewxp.com/

Edited by letec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/05/2016 at 2:51 PM, TheFriedchicken said:

What about adding a virtual first officer to do the callouts?

 

for example,

V1, VR and V2

Flaps callouts

Positive rate callout

 

and possibly others. Take jardesigns a320 for example. But better. Anyone feel free to add others.

Thats exactly What I don't like in JARDesigns planes : a voice saying everything I'm doing, I'm OK for automated callouts made by synthetic voice in the plane, but not those that are done by FO, it is too much robotic and repetitive and in the end quite boring IMHO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ideally, a virtual FO would be really interesting. After all, as the captain, you should not have all the workload, that makes no sense. A virtual FO could take care of his assignments while you maneuver the plane. He would just need to flick the switches he's responsible for.

Multicrew I guess...

p.s. Best simulated aircraft I've ever flown, period! This is just beyond and above anything else. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5. 6. 2016 at 11:28 PM, glasscockpits said:

p.s Best simulated aircraft I've ever flown, period! This is just beyond and above anything else. :)

 

Not. Is not, certainly not in the current version (1.0.5) ,period.

Edited by letec
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×