TheFriedchicken

Virtual First Officer

What about adding a virtual first officer to do the callouts?

for example,

V1, VR and V2

Flaps callouts

Positive rate callout

and possibly others. Take jardesigns a320 for example. But better. Anyone feel free to add others.

I don't know how I feel about these sort of features. I definitely think it could be helpful sometimes (there's a reason we had the flap callouts in v1.0), but I also think it could probably be better done by an add-on like Multi-Crew Experience.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, K4bel123 said:

+1

featuring Jan would be nice but I guess he wouldn´t like to play the FO haha :D

Not sure if you are joking or not, but I totally agree. Jan for the F/O sounds would be nice. He has a nice and calm voice. So, selecting 'German First Officer' is an option :P

- So, I think it's a nice feature. But, make it optional! We must be able to turn the feature on or off. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dr_nerdrage said:

I don't know how I feel about these sort of features. I definitely think it could be helpful sometimes (there's a reason we had the flap callouts in v1.0), but I also think it could probably be better done by an add-on like Multi-Crew Experience.

It would not be for actually doing things in the aircraft, just for callouts only so I can constrate on the takeoff. Just like real life, but there does need to be a good plugin like fs2crew for xplane. As of now there are no good plugins for this (like fs2crew standard).

:)

13 hours ago, TheFriedchicken said:

It would not be for actually doing things in the aircraft, just for callouts only so I can constrate on the takeoff. Just like real life, but there does need to be a good plugin like fs2crew for xplane. As of now there are no good plugins for this (like fs2crew standard).

:)

You're right, that at this moment nothing for IXEG, but ....

http://www.avsim.com/topic/487666-ixeg-737-to-be-supported/

http://www.multicrewxp.com/

Edited by letec

On 09/05/2016 at 2:51 PM, TheFriedchicken said:

What about adding a virtual first officer to do the callouts?

for example,

V1, VR and V2

Flaps callouts

Positive rate callout

and possibly others. Take jardesigns a320 for example. But better. Anyone feel free to add others.

Thats exactly What I don't like in JARDesigns planes : a voice saying everything I'm doing, I'm OK for automated callouts made by synthetic voice in the plane, but not those that are done by FO, it is too much robotic and repetitive and in the end quite boring IMHO. 

Ideally, a virtual FO would be really interesting. After all, as the captain, you should not have all the workload, that makes no sense. A virtual FO could take care of his assignments while you maneuver the plane. He would just need to flick the switches he's responsible for.

Multicrew I guess...

p.s. Best simulated aircraft I've ever flown, period! This is just beyond and above anything else. :)

On 5. 6. 2016 at 11:28 PM, glasscockpits said:

p.s Best simulated aircraft I've ever flown, period! This is just beyond and above anything else. :)

Not. Is not, certainly not in the current version (1.0.5) ,period.

Edited by letec
  • Downvote 2