Autopilot Issue

I'm probably just doing something wrong here but I can't seem to figure out what.

Everything works perfectly fine if I'm hand flying. LNAV and VNAV are operating correctly etc. What happens is as soon as I engage CMD A I get the yellow CWS P indication, MCP changes to Speed hold, and I can't engage LNAV or LVL CHG. It doesn't matter if I'm in the climb or cruise. Any suggestions?

Edited by chadryan

2 minutes ago, dr_nerdrage said:

Are you giving it control inputs when trying to engage the autopilot? Trim out the aircraft before engaging CMD A (treat it like handing over the aircraft to another pilot).

If that's not it, make sure your null zone matches your hardware. 

No, I've got my hands off the controls when engaging AP. I'll try increasing my null zone a bit more.

3 hours ago, apollo_1981 said:

I had the same problem some time ago.

Check your Joystick CWS deadzone  slider  setting , it´s above the Sound sliders in the IXEG Menu.

My setting was at "0" and i changed it to something around "20" . 

Looking at the CWS setting lead me to the solution. The red bars on the CWS setting were all the way across due to a jostick config issue. Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...