IXEG Boeing 737-300 Custom checklist (PDF, PNG)

lanmancz

Hello,

I created this checklist that might be helpful to others too. You can grab it here :

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/32937-ixeg-boeing-737-300-custom-checklist-pdf-png/

PS: Let me know if there's something silly in the checklist and I will fix that :D

Version 1.2 released: Many additional checks and limits added, still packed in a compact format.

IXEG_checklist_screenshot.jpg

Edited by lanmancz
  • Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, stolowski said:

Great stuff, very useful! Any chance to update your 767 (http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/31173-boeing-767-300er-custom-checklist-pdf/) checklist to use same compact format? Thank you!

Yeah I probably will when I start flying the 767 again but for now since the release I've been enjoying the IXEG 737 almost exclusively B)

1 hour ago, lanmancz said:

A little radar radiation never killed anyone :D In the included QRH PDF it's also activated before pushback, but I can move it down to the taxi checklist.

Just turning the switch on will not radiate - only when the WXR pushbutton is used, will the weather radar start transmitting...

Jan

• Upvote 3

I'm confused about what order the checklists need to be done in, and how to use the short and long versions of the turnaround lists. When I did a long turnaround from cold and dark, I wound up starting my engines without the hydraulics on, and the plane started rolling.

16 hours ago, jagipson said:

I'm confused about what order the checklists need to be done in, and how to use the short and long versions of the turnaround lists. When I did a long turnaround from cold and dark, I wound up starting my engines without the hydraulics on, and the plane started rolling.

:D How did you managed to start the engines without doing the short turnaround checklist which starts the APU (and hydraulics) ? Did you start the pushback with ground power & air supply attached ?

Anyway it's quite simple really :

0. Start cold & dark

1. Long turnaround checklist (which is like a basic system and electrical setup). The difference between long and short turnaround state is in whether the APU is running or not and you're supposed to decide which turnaround state you want to be in. If long (without APU) then do just the long. If short then do the long checklist but substitute the short items where appropriate. Now obviously you will need to do the short turnaround checklist eventually (before pushback) if you're starting from cold & dark.

2. FMC setup

--- at this point I do short turnaround checklist which starts the APU etc. which makes me ready for pushback ---

3. Pushback & startup

4. Taxi & Before takeoff

5. Takeoff & after takeoff

--------------------------

6. Before descent & below 10000 ft

7. Before landing & landing

8. Taxi to gate & parking

--- At this point when parked go back to turnaround checklists. If you're going to stay for long time (45 min and more) on GPU (with APU off) do just the long turnaround checklist. If you're going to stay less than 45 minutes (without GPU with APU ON) do the long turnaround as well but substitute the short turnaround items where apropriate (indicated by color and > symbol). The turnaround state (being long or short depending on whether APU will be running) basically resets the aircraft back into a pre-start condition ready for next leg.

PS: Dont take this checklist too seriously;) It certainly is not realistic or even trying to be. It's just a simple straight-forward combination of flow and checklist to help me fly in the sim. For realistic stuff look into the QRH thread :

Edited by lanmancz
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, lanmancz said:

Now obviously you will need to do the short turnaround checklist eventually (before pushback) if you're starting from cold & dark.

2. FMC setup

--- at this point I do short turnaround checklist which starts the APU etc. which makes me ready for pushback ---

3. Pushback & startup

Thank you for the link to the thread with the documents. I guess the problem I had, is it wasn't obvious to me that the short turnaround checklist had to be completed in addition to the long turnaround checklist if, and only if starting from cold & dark. Now that I know the short turnaround list needs to be completed after FMC during cold and dark startups, I won't make that mistake.

On a slightly related note, It appears that you're doing engine starts after pushback, before taxi. This obviously requires the use of the APU. Realistically, how often does that really happen? I was under the impression that in real life, the APU is often broken and/or the airline is being cheap and requiring pilots to start one engine at the gate using the ground services, and then taxi on that engine and start the second engine during the pre-takeoff checklist (after taxi, before entering the runway). What is your impressions or others' impressions about the typical flow of events in real life? Did I get a false impression?

Finally, Thank you for sharing your checklist!

5 minutes ago, jagipson said:

Thank you for the link to the thread with the documents. I guess the problem I had, is it wasn't obvious to me that the short turnaround checklist had to be completed in addition to the long turnaround checklist if, and only if starting from cold & dark. Now that I know the short turnaround list needs to be completed after FMC during cold and dark startups, I won't make that mistake.

On a slightly related note, It appears that you're doing engine starts after pushback, before taxi. This obviously requires the use of the APU. Realistically, how often does that really happen? I was under the impression that in real life, the APU is often broken and/or the airline is being cheap and requiring pilots to start one engine at the gate using the ground services, and then taxi on that engine and start the second engine during the pre-takeoff checklist (after taxi, before entering the runway). What is your impressions or others' impressions about the typical flow of events in real life? Did I get a false impression?

Finally, Thank you for sharing your checklist!

Well I can't really comment on real life stuff. I'm just a simmer with no real life aviation experience and in the end of the day I have no clue what am I doing :lol: Generally I used the included IXEG QRH as a basis for this checklist but I'm currently working on new version expanding it with some more stuff that I'm finding in those real world documents linked in the QRH thread. But again, I don't claim that this checklist is realistic at all. But there are many people around here who have real life experience in aviation so maybe they can comment.

Edited by lanmancz
  • Upvote 1