Some GPWS Callout´s missing after Hotfix

apollo_1981

Hi,

after i updated the Plane  to v1.0.3 i don´t hear the 2500ft and Minium Callout any more.

I went back to 1.0.2 and than the sounds worked again. I´m not using Soundmaxx or any Jardesign plugin.

I think it´s a bug like the broken Firebell-Sound. Hope you can bring the sounds back in the next Hotfix.

Thanks Sven.

• Upvote 1

On 8.5.2016 at 11:02 PM, apollo_1981 said:

after i updated the Plane  to v1.0.3 i don´t hear the 2500ft and Minium Callout any more.

Did my first flight yesterday and can confirm that these two sounds are missing for me as well.

Greetings,

Sebastian

42 minutes ago, jimbim said:

Did my first flight yesterday and can confirm that these two sounds are missing for me as well.

Greetings,

Sebastian

It could also be that these callouts are not getting triggered due to a complex computational situation - i.e. the condition "at 2500 RA" not lasting long enough for the code to catch it - can you do me a favour and try at TXKF?

Thanks, Jan

Also notice this as well. Minimums is gone totally from 1.03 at my end, sometimes some others are missing, other times you'll get the same call out 3 times in a row, ie. 100, 100, 100 very fast.

Edited by Muskoka

9 hours ago, Litjan said:

can you do me a favour and try at TXKF?

Hello Jan,

I tried it twice with a complete restart of X-Plane in between.

The first Sound I hear is "One thousand" the next one "Two hundred".

I am missing the 2500 and Minimums @260ft. No Idea. 

But the frames there are great :-) About 110 :-)

Greetings, 

Sebastian

Hehe, thats why I like TXKF! And it loads in a flash...

Ok, thanks for the report. We will look into all the sound problems - I still believe it was worth to make the sound engine more careful about using too many resources - as some people have started hearing sounds that weren´t there before. And I am sure we will irong the new problems out real quick...

Jan

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

I still believe it was worth to make the sound engine more careful about using too many resources

Sure!

I tested yesterday before my first flight if SoundMaxx works and at least all the error messages in the logs are gone. Then I disabled it for my first flight with 1.03.

Another thing I noticed is that I have now the "Bell" sound from Autogate plugin again.

Sebastian

Another request for people without altitude callouts:

Can you please try (if not done already) the callouts without ANY (not only soundmaxx or JAR) other plugins, except for gizmo? This means physically removing them from the plugins folder (you can copy them back later), rebooting X-Plane completely.

Thanks for any feedback,

Jan

7 hours ago, Litjan said:

Can you please try (if not done already) the callouts without ANY (not only soundmaxx or JAR) other plugins, except for gizmo? This means physically removing them from the plugins folder (you can copy them back later), rebooting X-Plane completely.

Hey Jan!

I removed now everything except Gizmo and nothing has changed. The first callout I get is "one thousand" and no minimums.

But I can tell you that "TRAFFIC! TRAFFIC!" is working :-) After disabling XSquawkBox I had 19 Cessnas around TXKF :-p

Greetings, 

Sebastian

Hallo Jan,

i also checked it with no other plugins execpt for Gizmo in the plugins-Folder. Did a 10nm final approch Rwy32 at EDXW without Custom Scenery. Still missing 2500ft and Minimum callout only. I tested it with my USB Headset, my USB Soundsystem and my onboard Soundchip, allways the same Problem. Rolled back to v1.0.2 and all callouts worked again without changing anything at the X-plane Settings.

Grüße,

Sven

• 2 weeks later...