Weather and Lights

Ubbi

Hi,

using great 1.0.3 today and all is fine (cant open the Takeoff page in FMS but i thing this is already on your list).

But now i am going through the night and there is a strange behaviour. If i use "FS Global Real Weather" to inject the weather to X-Plane some of the B733 lights are turning dark to around 30 %.

I was not able to reproduce this by changing the weather by myself or by using XPs own realweather...

If the lights are dark i am able to change the brightness via the turning knobs but only within 0% to 30 % of the normal brightness.

Here is a Video about that. The lights are going dark when "FS Global Real Weather" kicks in and are going bright again when XP itself creates the weather file...

Weather and Light.mp4

Edited by Ubbi

Any plugins (like RTH) installed? They alter the internal art settings (which is not officially supported) and can cause all kinds of strange lighting. In addition to that X-Plane's rendering takes contrasts and eye adjustment into account...which migh cause different light levels according to different levels of outside/inside lighting. But in your case my guess is some 3rd party art control trouble. Remove all plugins and restart X-Plane.

Flo   

7 hours ago, Ubbi said:

Hi,

using great 1.0.3 today and all is fine (cant open the Takeoff page in FMS but i thing this is already on your list).

But now i am going through the night and there is a strange behaviour. If i use "FS Global Real Weather" to inject the weather to X-Plane some of the B733 lights are turning dark to around 30 %.

I was not able to reproduce this by changing the weather by myself or by using XPs own realweather...

If the lights are dark i am able to change the brightness via the turning knobs but only within 0% to 30 % of the normal brightness.

Here is a Video about that. The lights are going dark when "FS Global Real Weather" kicks in and are going bright again when XP itself creates the weather file...

Weather and Light.mp4

Hi,

any fiddling with X-Plane internal artcontrols (skycolours, RTH, etc.) is likely to mess other settings up. This was officially stated by X-Plane devs, and I think we are seeing this effect here.

FOr the "TAKEOFF REF" page problem, try to move your preferences files somewhere else (so you can copy them back if this doesnt help) and see if that helps - another user reported success with that.

Jan

Hi and thanks for the Tipps!

Regarding the TAKEOFF REF page: that's really weird... i did reset my preferences only a few days ago... but doing this again was a success. I did a before/after test. Before deleting the prefs the page did not show up, after deleting the prefs the page did work as desired!

However a tipp for all guys/girls: you can safe you old preferences and copy and paste all your assignments with a editor like notepad++. When resetting the prefs i do keep the X-Plane Calibration.prf and X-Plane.prf in a separate folder. After deleting the prefs and rebooting X-Plane i replace the X-Plane Calibration.prf file with my old one. Then i open the new X-Plane.prf in notepad++ and replace all the _joy... lines with the lines from my old pref file. So i don't have to assign them all again. If you do want to keep your keypad buttons too you have to keep the X-Plane Keys.prf file too and replace the key assignment inside the new file...

After doing this the B733 is working still as it should (TAKEOFF REF is showing up) and i kept my assignments.

Regarding the Lights: i don't have any plugins like RTH running. I did use alternate sky colour textures. I reverted back to the original sky-colours via the X-Plane installer. I will report back if i ever see this lights again with the original files.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Philip