can't see takeoff page after setting up route.

latest update installed.  could be a user error here.

But after setting up my route, star/sid/ weights alititude.

I go to index or through the n1 limit page, then click take off, it shows me the CLB page instead, so i can't see the takeoff page.

don't think i've done anything out of the ordinary.  i've reloaded the plane and tried this again and the problem repeats.

Thanks

Mines just started doing this as well, after 3 successful flights this morning on 1.03. I know it's not operator error, and absolutely nothing has changed in the sim from this morning. I've restarted 3 times now, and always get the error. As soon as you click "TakeOff" it goes to the CLB page.

How can this happen after 3 good flights this morning with zero changes to the sim? I tried applying the update again, error persists. Any ideas other than a full reinstall?

Edited by Muskoka

3 hours ago, Muskoka said:

Deleted preferences and seem to be back in business. Nothing had changed in that sim from this mornings flights, never should have happened. What a pain in the rear end, set everything up again....:)

Yeah, deleting prefs is a harsh cure...:( I really wonder what is causing this!

Jan

10 hours ago, Muskoka said:

Deleted preferences and seem to be back in business. Nothing had changed in that sim from this mornings flights, never should have happened. What a pain in the rear end, set everything up again....:)

Which preferences are you talking about? Where's that file located?

8 hours ago, Litjan said:

Yeah, deleting prefs is a harsh cure...:( I really wonder what is causing this!

Jan

However a tipp for all guys/girls: you can safe you old preferences and copy and paste all your assignments with a editor like notepad++. When resetting the prefs i do keep the X-Plane Calibration.prf and X-Plane.prf in a separate folder. After deleting the prefs and rebooting X-Plane i replace the X-Plane Calibration.prf file with my old one. Then i open the new X-Plane.prf in notepad++ and replace all the _joy... lines with the lines from my old pref file. So i don't have to assign them all again. If you do want to keep your keypad buttons too you have to keep the X-Plane Keys.prf file too and replace the key assignment inside the new file...

• Morten featured this topic
1 hour ago, LAGuy2015 said:

Which preferences are you talking about? Where's that file located?

They are in the X-Plane 10\Output\preferences folder. You probably only need to remove the X-plane.prf file (move it somewhere else and see if this helps!)

Jan

35 minutes ago, Litjan said:

They are in the X-Plane 10\Output\preferences folder. You probably only need to remove the X-plane.prf file (move it somewhere else and see if this helps!)

Jan

I deleted the prefs and still having the same problem... It's always after I picked a SID from the DEP/ARR that the TAKEOFF page becomes unavailable

Edited by LAGuy2015

42 minutes ago, LAGuy2015 said:

I deleted the prefs and still having the same problem... It's always after I picked a SID from the DEP/ARR that the TAKEOFF page becomes unavailable

Crap - ok, can you give me the sequence of what you are doing? Ideally a short movie? I would really like to get this one fixed for everyone!

Thanks, Jan

Sequence is pretty straightforward:

- Enter my airport/position in the POS INIT

- in RTE page I enter Origin and Destination and Flt Number

- in RTE page 2 I enter my Airways and Waypoints

- At that point if I click on TAKEOFF at the bottom right of the FMC screen, I access the TAKEOFF page without any problem

THIS IS WHERE I GET THE ISSUE:

- I click on DEP/ARR button

- select <DEP and pick a runway and a SID 

- The simple fact of selecting the runway and/or SID , whether I press on Activate or not, make the TAKEOFF page unavailable. Instead, when I try to access that TAKEOFF page the FMC display the ACT ECON CLB page instead. And there is no way to get the TAKEOFF page back.

Hope that helps. Your great work is appreciated!

Edited by LAGuy2015

I did more testing and in fact, it's ONLY when I select a Takeoff runway - whether I chose it in the DEP/ARR page or enter it directly on RTE page 1 - that the ACT ECON CLB page is displayed instead of the TAKEOFF page. So that runway selection seems to be the culprit.

Edited by LAGuy2015

1 hour ago, LAGuy2015 said:

Sequence is pretty straightforward:

- Enter my airport/position in the POS INIT

- in RTE page I enter Origin and Destination and Flt Number

- in RTE page 2 I enter my Airways and Waypoints

- At that point if I click on TAKEOFF at the bottom right of the FMC screen, I access the TAKEOFF page without any problem

THIS IS WHERE I GET THE ISSUE:

- I click on DEP/ARR button

- select <DEP and pick a runway and a SID 

- The simple fact of selecting the runway and/or SID , whether I press on Activate or not, make the TAKEOFF page unavailable. Instead, when I try to access that TAKEOFF page the FMC display the ACT ECON CLB page instead. And there is no way to get the TAKEOFF page back.

Hope that helps. Your great work is appreciated!

Huh, strange - I did exactly as you did and here it works fine.

Can you make a video of it real quick? So I can see which airport, what keys you are pressing, etc. I have never seen this on my end but I am sure I am missing a simple step to reproduce it!

Thanks in advance, Jan

10 hours ago, KevinM said:

I already attached a short clip to post #3.

Unfortunately I can´t play it with either media player or VLC  :(

Can you guys please try at TXKF airport? I suspect that using a custom airport or mesh could have something to do with it... If we can isolate the reason, it will be easy to code around it, I am sure!

Thanks, Jan

I'd like to add here, since I have solved this issue on my side by removing the preference folder, letting XP create a new one and putting back my preference files (I guess only those related to rendering settings and joystick assignment), I have never again encountered this issue. I am not a programmer, but I believe it is related to initialization or reading the preference files at certain circumstances. Need to check later if I still have all the preference backup files and be able to provoke this bug again.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk