Jump to content
Cameron

IXEG 737 Classic v1.0.3 Has Been Released!

Recommended Posts

Ok...

updated to v1.0.3 and PREFERENCES menu - "display custom animations in replay" - turn it on.

This option don´t work for my. Everything worked like was in off position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, manguras said:

Someone has the same problem?

thanks Jan

Not that I know of..

Good luck! (Did you reboot after making the new choice?)

Jan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.5.2016 at 5:30 AM, Cameron said:

New wind sound file in effect

Is it this file  ?
X-Aviation\IXEG 737 Classic\sounds\alert\B733 wind.WAV

Since I upgraded to 1.03 I noticed some change in sounds. Pre 1.03 i think the sounds where perfect. I dident notice anything "annoying" when cruising around.

But now I keep hearing this looping sound, and Im pretty sure it is that file im refering too :)
The sounds is a bit annoying.  

Correct me if im wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tom Stian said:

Is it this file  ?
X-Aviation\IXEG 737 Classic\sounds\alert\B733 wind.WAV

It is. @Nils would be the one to talk to about the actual sound though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Not that I know of..

Good luck! (Did you reboot after making the new choice?)

Jan

 

Ok Jan.. after reboot x-plane, now reverse work well and the spoiles partial.

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Stian said:

Is it this file  ?
X-Aviation\IXEG 737 Classic\sounds\alert\B733 wind.WAV

Since I upgraded to 1.03 I noticed some change in sounds. Pre 1.03 i think the sounds where perfect. I dident notice anything "annoying" when cruising around.

But now I keep hearing this looping sound, and Im pretty sure it is that file im refering too :)
The sounds is a bit annoying.  

Correct me if im wrong.

I'm getting the looping "engines(?)" sound as well, never noticed it before. And yes, prior to 1.03 "everything" sounded great.

Edited by Muskoka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Muskoka said:

I'm getting the looping "engines(?)" sound as well, never noticed it before.

Hi.

Its not from the engines. Its the wind. You dont hear the sound when you are on the ground (or atleast i dont).

Just open the file and listen. And check if it is the sound your hear ^^ :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tom Stian said:

Hi.

Its not from the engines. Its the wind. You dont hear the sound when you are on the ground (or atleast i dont).

Just open the file and listen. And check if it is the sound your hear ^^ :)

Sounds like a repeating "rumble/groan" to me, not wind. Whatever it is it wasn't present prior to 1.03, so it shouldn't be hard for "them" to figure it out.

Just listened to all the sounds, some might be close but very hard to tell. The sound I hear is a constant, but variable in tone, like a pitch up, then down, but deep. Not wind at my end, must be hearing something else. Definitely sounds like a constant "drone" from engines under "cruise" power. It's a rhythmic up and down in pitch tone. 

If I turn the air conditioning airflow volume up I can drown it out, as well as everything else:). Maybe that's why I'm hearing whatever it is I hear now, because I turned the air conditioning sound down, to a reasonable value.

Edited by Muskoka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just getting better with every hotfix!

Absolutely superb aircraft to fly...so immersive, so characterful.

Great to see more datarefs being included. Please carry on doing this... there is a workaround using xjoymapper but there are some issues that prevent this from working properly with my own hardware setup. (See this thread: )

Thanks to Jan and the team for their ongoing superlative support!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Muskoka said:

Sounds like a repeating "rumble/groan" to me, not wind. Whatever it is it wasn't present prior to 1.03, so it shouldn't be hard for "them" to figure it out.

Just listened to all the sounds, some might be close but very hard to tell. The sound I hear is a constant, but variable in tone, like a pitch up, then down, but deep. Not wind at my end, must be hearing something else. Definitely sounds like a constant "drone" from engines under "cruise" power. It's a rhythmic up and down in pitch tone. 

If I turn the air conditioning airflow volume up I can drown it out, as well as everything else:). Maybe that's why I'm hearing whatever it is I hear now, because I turned the air conditioning sound down, to a reasonable value.

It is the  X-Aviation\IXEG 737 Classic\sounds\alert\B733 wind.WAV  I hear. I agree that is not wind i hear, but its triggered as wind sound. So I hope there is a solution to revert this back to what is was pre 1.0.3. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tom Stian said:

It is the  X-Aviation\IXEG 737 Classic\sounds\alert\B733 wind.WAV  I hear. I agree that is not wind i hear, but its triggered as wind sound. So I hope there is a solution to revert this back to what is was pre 1.0.3. :)

Flying right now and I can't hear what was there yesterday. Messed with the different volumes, and nothing. Everything is nice and "even", no repetitive " odd" sounds at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muskoka said:

Flying right now and I can't hear what was there yesterday. Messed with the different volumes, and nothing. Everything is nice and "even", no repetitive " odd" sounds at all.

Corrupt sound driver is most likely scenery. Resolved itself after the fact. I've had something similar a few weeks back. I even tried to record it on video, but when I eventually re-played the video I recorded the sound was completely normal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Cameron said:

Corrupt sound driver is most likely scenery. Resolved itself after the fact. I've had something similar a few weeks back. I even tried to record it on video, but when I eventually re-played the video I recorded the sound was completely normal!

It's not, and wasn't, a sound driver issue.:)

Since 1.03 there are a few issues with the sounds in general, as well as the call outs. More folks are reporting these issues as the days go by. Another person has just posted (minutes ago) about the same issue in the bug reports section.

Edited by Muskoka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

situation: turn-around,windows open

starting the engine ,25% ignition , engine running:  

now i get about every 30" a repeating engine sound that sounds like the  -- ignition.wav that begins at the point 18"- 33"--

maybe it is the hole ignition.wav repeating but that is what i hear 

..also in cruise flight  there is another repeating sound

all that was not the case before 1.0.3

any idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, cloudfreak1 said:

Hi,

situation: turn-around,windows open

starting the engine ,25% ignition , engine running:  

now i get about every 30" a repeating engine sound that sounds like the  -- ignition.wav that begins at the point 18"- 33"--

maybe it is the hole ignition.wav repeating but that is what i hear 

..also in cruise flight  there is another repeating sound

all that was not the case before 1.0.3

any idea

Hi this was reported already and is caused by a silly copy paste error on the code - a solution will come in the next hotfix! 

If you are able to identify the other repeating sound please report it in a separate topic - it's easy to miss individual posts in this one. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used for towing  TugMaster Deluxe, convenient towing. I found a problem with sound, I call the towing TugMaster, the sound disappears  GPWS. No sound report  altitude. This problem will be fixed? Thank you for a great airplane and updated.

 

Edited by Videoru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not, and wasn't, a sound driver issue.

Since 1.03 there are a few issues with the sounds in general, as well as the call outs. More folks are reporting these issues as the days go by. Another person has just posted (minutes ago) about the same issue in the bug reports section.

Considering the fact you cannot reproduce this everytime it is absolutely possible a corrupt sound driver instance occurred. How can you definitively say otherwise? When I experienced what you stated above it was pre-1.0.

It's also possible a bit of code drives it to this corrupt state. Sound is very finicky in X-Plane as it is. This is witnessed across a lot of sound using X-Plane plugins out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cameron said:

 

 

Considering the fact you cannot reproduce this everytime it is absolutely possible a corrupt sound driver instance occurred. How can you definitively say otherwise? When I experienced what you stated above it was pre-1.0.

 

It's also possible a bit of code drives it to this corrupt state. Sound is very finicky in X-Plane as it is. This is witnessed across a lot of sound using X-Plane plugins out there.

Sure, I guess everyone that's having sound issues with 1.03 has driver issues.;)

Been around computers long enough (30+ years) to know the difference between hardware issues and software "bugs". It's either a issue with 1.03, or some plugin. I've removed all my plugins so I would guess a plugin was causing the issue. Lets lay the blame on them. :)

"Definitely" not a hardware driver issue.

I'm certainly not changing drivers every time for video cards, sound cards, whatever you like to blame, when a "beta" release of something is offered that is causing many users issues, just doesn't make sense now does it? We don't all have the same sound cards, or operating systems for that matter. If I was a isolated case, fine, but as we can see from the number of posts about sound issues since 1.03 I think it's quite obvious where the problem lies.

I'll leave you guys to sort it out. Lots of tongue in cheek in my post.

Edited by Muskoka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, I guess everyone that's having sound issues with 1.03 has driver issues.

Been around computers long enough (30+ years) to know the difference between hardware issues and software "bugs". It's either a issue with 1.03, or some plugin. I've removed all plugins so I would guess a plugin was causing the issue. Lets lay the blame on them.

"Definitely" not a hardware driver issue.

I'm certainly not changing drivers every time for video cards, sound cards, whatever you like to blame, when a "beta" release of something is offered that is causing many users issues, just doesn't make sense now does it?

I'll leave you guys to sort it out. Lots of tongue in cheek in my post.

For someone who's been around this stuff for 30+ years it strikes me as odd you aren't following along very well.

I said nothing of hardware. Drivers are software.

I said nothing of changing drivers. I said it's possible our software is corrupting the driver.

The issues other people see are not even close to what you're describing.

This is really no different than how other plugins have the ability to access memory and corrupt its state if accessing things in weird ways.

Simply programming. Nothing to do with hardware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cameron said:

For someone who's been around this stuff for 30+ years it strikes me as odd you aren't following along very well.

I said nothing of hardware. Drivers are software.

I said nothing of changing drivers. I said it's possible our software is corrupting the driver.

The issues other people see are not even close to what you're describing.

This us really no different than how other plugins have the ability to access memory and corrupt its state if accessing things in weird ways.

Simply programming. Nothing to do with hardware.

Have a nice day Cameron, done here. Besides, you should be busy figuring out what the problem is, not arguing with your customers. We've told you there's a sound problem with 1.03, you really should believe what your end users are conveying back. We are "beta testing" this for "you".

Edited by Muskoka
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a nice day Cameron, done here. Besides, you should be busy figuring out what the problem is, not arguing with your customers. We've told you there's a sound problem with 1.03, you really should believe what your end users are conveying back. We are "beta testing" this for "you".

Uh, wow!

All along I've been agreeing with the issue being present and just having a discussion with you and possibilities. Nevermind the fact I can't even re-produce it after it happened, and if you even paid attention to my first post about this it's easy to deduce about 90% a corrupt driver.

My favorite part of this conversation is how you tell me it's impossible for it to be driver related, you've been around for 30 years so I must not be as competent as you, but you want me to go fix it. Ooooooookaaay.

Thanks for bringing your life advice into the grand finale though. I'll go get right on those guys who've worked endlessly for 6 years that they need to take more time away from the family today for you, Glen!

Have mercy...

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attempting to apply update 1.0.3 using code d62572f9dea3e9e264f7c96a735abb6b and I receive "manifest data was invalid."  Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any known workarounds?

Thanks,

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×