IXEG 737 Classic v1.0.3 Has Been Released!

Cameron

2 minutes ago, jcdawson said:

Attempting to apply update 1.0.3 using code d62572f9dea3e9e264f7c96a735abb6b and I receive "manifest data was invalid."  Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any known workarounds?

Thanks,

J

It happened to me once, it was due to the copy/paste including a blank space at the end. If you tried to update, removing the space didn't work. You have to close the window and re-open plugin->gizmo->window->hotfix enter the code properly remove any space and then hit update

hope this helps

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the quick responses, mmerelles and Ben [edited to give credit where credit is due].  I closed X-Plane and tried again --  pasting the code from the email into Text Pad, and then from Text Pad into the hotfix dialogue, to ensure no pasted white space of strange character encodings -- and still "manifest data was invalid."  Do I need to clear a local cache of the first bad paste or some such thing?

Regards,

J

Edited by jcdawson

24 minutes ago, nigelmcelwee said:

One little niggle that I have seen with this new update is if I go to refuel the plan and reduce to say 6 kgs from 8, the center tank doesnt deplete at all...only the wing tanks. I thought the center tank would defuel first? 

It should - I will check that - and checked, it doesn´t. This jibes with the other bug we received, fueling the ctr tank doesnt work, either (unless an engine or APU is running...)

Jan

Edited by Litjan

17 hours ago, Cameron said:

After pasting in the key, just stick your cursor at the front and end of the key in the HotFix box, pressing delete one time on each end. See if no errant spaces are existing in X-Plane itself.

Thanks Cameron,

I put the cursor at the front of the HotFix ID text box and hit delete once, then on the end of the HotFix ID and hit delete once (which deleted the last 'b' of the key, so I replaced it) and pressed "Update."  Unfortunately I still got "Manifest data was invalid."  Restarted X-Plane and tried again, same result.  A screen cap is attached.

I'm not opposed to reinstalling if that's the best option.

Regards,

J

hotfix.png

On 5/11/2016 at 6:35 PM, jcdawson said:

Thanks Cameron,

I put the cursor at the front of the HotFix ID text box and hit delete once, then on the end of the HotFix ID and hit delete once (which deleted the last 'b' of the key, so I replaced it) and pressed "Update."  Unfortunately I still got "Manifest data was invalid."  Restarted X-Plane and tried again, same result.  A screen cap is attached.

I'm not opposed to reinstalling if that's the best option.

Regards,

J

hotfix.png

I've ruled out white space as the issue to my satisfaction. 

Any suggestions before I resort to uninstalling and reinstalling the original version, then re-applying the updates sequentially? 

Thanks, 

J

Hi guys appreciate the constant upkeep on this product.

However, after the latest patching, I have lost use of logo light on the ACF.

As well as the callouts on descent or when I conduct a systems test are very inaudible, pretty much none existent whilst airborne due to cabin noise and airflow on the outside of the  ACF.

I am a bit lost with it, as I have tried turning up all my sounds, relevant to the cabin noises, nothing.

This has me scratching my head a bit.

Is anyone else getting this?

Let me know.

Tedd

Edited by Teddit

1 minute ago, Ben Russell said:

You have winglets active.

Yes! 

Your right, it has come back on now without Winglets activated. 

Obviously a known bug then?

Is the sound a known issue too Ben?

Thanks for the quick follow up.

Tedd

Just now, Teddit said:

Yes! 

Your right, it has come back on now without Winglets activated. 

Obviously a known bug then?

Is the sound a known issue too Ben?

Thanks for the quick follow up.

Tedd

Sound mix bugs are being addressed.

The team has been trying to ensure that people with low-end sound cards get an equal experience to those with normal hardware.

Getting sofware working is one thing, getting it to work for everyone with every combo of hardware is quite another.

All dev machines have no problems at all letting us use as many sound sources as we felt like. (It's nearly all software mixed on our Quad+ Core machines now anyway)

Some customer machines seem to have a 16-voice limit so Nils has been reviewing the code to "swap" sounds around between those maximum 16~ active voice.

Sadly this means we went from a perfect sound mix to a bunch of sound bugs while we try and pull in support for the lowest end hardware.

The dust will settle, the awesome sound mix will return.

Thanks for your patience.

Known bug: No. It's a hardware feature of the real aircraft. Winglets take up the same physical space as the logo light bulbs so they're simply removed during retrofit.

A sticker or label or "something" will probably get added to the switch at some point because this item does catch a lot of our users out.

Cheers,

br.

• Upvote 2

Getting sofware working is one thing, getting it to work for everyone with every combo of hardware is quite another.

Though about installing Focusrite, but leave it be for now, until then my Realtek works like a charm, never had any issues with sound

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 6:34 PM, jcdawson said:

I've ruled out white space as the issue to my satisfaction. 

Any suggestions before I resort to uninstalling and reinstalling the original version, then re-applying the updates sequentially? 

Thanks, 

J

I reinstalled v 1.0.0, but now I get the dreaded "manifest data was invalid" attempting to apply 1.0.1.

So now I'm stuck at 1.0.0.

Please provide vectors.

Thanks,

Jeremy

2 minutes ago, poodster said:

Apply the 1.03 hotfix

Thanks,

After my last post I discovered in another thread that the HotFixes don't need to be applied sequentially, so I reinstalled from the 1.0.0 installer, then attempted to apply the 1.0.3 Hotfix.  Result: "manifest data was invalid."

Is an installer available for the latest version 1.0.3 so that I can overwrite whatever "badness" is preventing the updates and get back on track?

J

2 minutes ago, jcdawson said:

Thanks,

After my last post I discovered in another thread that the HotFixes don't need to be applied sequentially, so I reinstalled from the 1.0.0 installer, then attempted to apply the 1.0.3 Hotfix.  Result: "manifest data was invalid."

Is an installer available for the latest version 1.0.3 so that I can overwrite whatever "badness" is preventing the updates and get back on track?

J

Make sure you don't have an extra space after the hotfix code

Just now, jcdawson said:

I don't / didn't / never have.  See above.  Thanks.

Sorry, didn't see that. 

I sadly don't know what the error you have means, but you could always re download the installer of x-aviation and it should have the latest 1.03 update

• Upvote 1

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic