MCP info labels under mouse pointer

G-CHPS

This is rather petty in the scale of things as this is a most incredible aircraft. In fact I can't bring myself to fly anything else atm.

All I wanted to say is that if you hover the mouse over the digital displays on the MCP I get auto info labels for that say Auto Brake selector etc when over the captain's COURSE display and the IAS/MACH display and then I get an EFIS map zoom msg when over the HEADING and ALTITUDE displays.

Such a small detail but you nearly have perfection in my eyes.

Thanks so much for your work and dedication.

Tim

41 minutes ago, G-CHPS said:

This is rather petty in the scale of things as this is a most incredible aircraft. In fact I can't bring myself to fly anything else atm.

All I wanted to say is that if you hover the mouse over the digital displays on the MCP I get auto info labels for that say Auto Brake selector etc when over the captain's COURSE display and the IAS/MACH display and then I get an EFIS map zoom msg when over the HEADING and ALTITUDE displays.

Such a small detail but you nearly have perfection in my eyes.

Thanks so much for your work and dedication.

Tim

Hi Tim - I am not familiar with auto info labels - how are you getting those?

Thanks, Jan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jan - Please excuse the delay in replying. Having searched around it is something that must have been turned on by default. I eventually found where you can turn the labels on/off.

If you go to the top left corner and click "About" and then "Instructions" there is a check box at the bottom of the window to turn them on or off. When it's selected the labels appear if you hover the mouse in the areas I mentioned.

All the best to you and the team.

Tim

instrument instruction labels.JPG

Thanks for getting back on that, Tim!

Yeah, we haven´t really fiddled with the instrument instructions - we figured that anyone trying to fly a 737 would be familiar with the basics of those ;).

However, I agree that for the sake of polish we should get these in tune - I will add it to the list (though it goes towards the bottom end of it...)

Thanks again, Jan

2 hours ago, Litjan said:

However, I agree that for the sake of polish we should get these in tune - I will add it to the list (though it goes towards the bottom end of it...)

Would go well in line with the new no-op manipulator tool-tip in 10.50: http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/05/new-manipulators-and-the-mouse-wheel/

Coming in 10.50: X-Plane supports new manipulators:
[...]
3. The no-op manipulator now takes a tool-tip, which lets you make tool tips for gauges and other unclickable geometry.

In the (very) distant future that is ;)