IXEG hotfix and patches

Tom Knudsen

7 minutes ago, Cameron said:

That's why you get e-mails when product updates are released.

Speaking of e-mails, for some reason I did not receive any update (hotfix) e-mails so far (not in spam either) :lol:. I can receive other e-mails normally though - like I got the order confirmation and when I requested a download count reset I got the info from the ticketing system as well. Only the update e-mails got lost for some reason. I'm using gmail. Is there some checkbox I have to select that I want to be informed of products updates like on the org store perhaps that I missed please ?

Edited by lanmancz

9 minutes ago, lanmancz said:

Speaking of e-mails, for some reason I did not receive any update (hotfix) e-mails so far (not in spam either) :lol:. I can receive other e-mails normally though - like I got the order confirmation and when I requested a download count reset I got the info from the ticketing system as well. Only the update e-mails got lost for some reason. I'm using gmail. Is there some checkbox I have to select that I want to be informed of products updates like on the org store perhaps that I missed please ?

Well, that's to be expected. You unsubscribed from our e-mailing communications after receiving an offer to upgrade to Real Weather Connector at a discount.

This person unsubscribed on Apr 15, 2016 3:22 am

After receiving "RWC Discount Offer"Reason: No longer interested

35 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Well, that's to be expected. You unsubscribed from our e-mailing communications after receiving an offer to upgrade to Real Weather Connector at a discount.

This person unsubscribed on Apr 15, 2016 3:22 am

After receiving "RWC Discount Offer"Reason: No longer interested

Oh, OK. I did not realize that these two are linked.

5 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Or just unsubscribe from the marketing newsletter part of your profile and not everything?

Hm, I just checked and I did unsub only from the marketing emails (via the link that was in the email probably). I have the product notifications selected. No update mails though.

xavmail.png

7 minutes ago, lanmancz said:

Hm, I just checked and I did unsub only from the marketing emails (via the link that was in the email probably). I have the product notifications selected. No update mails though.

Once you unsubscribe as a whole, those no longer are valid.

The system which controls your subscriptions had a "manage profile" section where you could have selected just the products.

Just now, Cameron said:

Once you unsubscribe as a whole, those no longer are valid.

The system which controls your subscriptions had a "manage profile" section where you could have selected just the products.

OK, thanks for clarification. This is probably a wrong forum to ask this anyway. /OT

12 minutes ago, Tom Knudsen said:

Oh but i did, just why i asked in the first place. A category is easier to find and subscribed to

Tom,

As often as you come here it doesn't hurt you to see a pinned post.

Having a dedicated category is more cause for confusion to customers who don't understand the fact they don't need to go through every hot fix patch topic to update their newly installed or not up-to-date product.

Case closed on this one. View the general discussion forum here, or seek it out in your e-mail.

25 minutes ago, Tom Knudsen said:

I also did not get the update notifications

Right. Because: This person unsubscribed on Dec 23, 2015 6:45 pm

• Upvote 1

Hiya's,

Sorry to butt in

If i have ' General Newsletter' and ' Recieve notifications on all available products' checked/ticked on x-aviation.com

Am i sorted for getting told when another hotfix or a update (download) comes around ?

ps: i use gmail now (old diehard hotmail user til recently lol) , is it normal to get info through the Promotions tab in gmail, as i think that's where it's been showing !

I mean, i aint gonna miss out on any offers or updates am i ? (getting slightly confuzzled now lol)

Cheers

Tony

Edited by Defiance_co
added text

8 minutes ago, Defiance_co said:

ps: i use gmail now (old diehard hotmail user til recently lol) , is it normal to get info through the Promotions, as i think that's where it's been showing !

Gmail auto places it there. This is a new "feature" of theirs.

8 minutes ago, Defiance_co said:

I mean, i aint gonna miss out on any offers or updates am i ? (getting slightly confuzzled now lol)

Doesn't sound like you ever have missed any, so I don't see why you should now.

• Upvote 1