CTD XP10 FF767 SMP RWC FSGRW

vonmarty

CTD XP10 FF767 SMP RWC FSGRW

XP10.45 FF767-300 SMP v3.1.2 RWC v1 FSGRW v1.7 Build 030

CTD info

Previous flights with XP10.45 default aircraft and weather all ok.
Previous flight with XP10.45 and Jrollon CRJ and default weather all ok.
Previous flights with Xplane10.45 and FF67-300 and default weather all ok.

Purchased FSGRW and RWC yesterday (5-5-16) FSGRW (5-4-16).
First flight with FF767, FSGRW, RWC and FSGRW got a CTD.

KSAN KPHX
Rainy day departure.
During climb, CTD
Got the Xplane Log.txt
Got a screenshot of event viewer data

MyPC-Specs

Win7-PRO-64
Gigabyte Z170 motherboard
i7 6700- 4GHz LGA 1151 8MB cache CPU
16GB DDR4 Memory
500GB SSD Boot drive C (Crucial by Micron CT500 MX200 SSD)
2TB ST200 DM SCSI Hard drive F
GEForce GT 960 4GB Video card
Audigy SE Sound Card
750W Power supply
Antec Tower case
Blu-Ray RW CD LG BD-RE drive D
Viewsonic VX2250WM-LED 1080P Monitor
Viewsonic VX2250WM-LED 1080P Monitor

Nvidia 361.91

FF767-CTD-FSGRW-KSAN-KPHX (2)a.JPG

Log.txt

I would first try flying with a default airplane, and see if that helps. It could be the plugins associated with your 767 that are causing the problem.

If not, try hitting the "reset" button on your SkyMaxx Pro configuration screen. You may have just increased its settings beyond the point that your system can handle.

What did the log tell you?

SMP and other software I mentioned are at default settings.

Would that be the same as the rest you mentioned?

Why would FF767 mess with a cloud draw program .. or weather program?

Actually I do not fly the default aircraft and I really do not want to spend time reading how (learning) to fly a different default aircraft.

I fly the payware Xplane aircraft.

> What did the log tell you?

The log information is inconclusive; it doesn't even note that a crash occurred.

Why would FF767 mess with a cloud draw program .. or weather program?

It loads several plugins of its own, any of which could potentially corrupt memory that we indirectly access, or it may just be leaving you without the resources needed to run SMP. At least make sure you are using the latest version of this aircraft.

> Actually I do not fly the default aircraft and I really do not want to spend time reading how (learning) to fly a different default aircraft.

I can't help you if you're not willing to try to isolate the problem. There are no known issues with SMP that lead to a crash, unless you're running out of memory. Try the default F22; all you have to do is hit "b" to release the brakes, throttle up, and fly.

Hello,

CTD Number two today.

This flight default Xplan10 Jet, SMP, RWC and FSGRW

Got screenshots
Got Xplane Log
Got Windows7-64 Event viewer screenshot

I purchased the FF767-300 4-27-16 ver 1.0.25

With my system specs:
No problems : FSX Acceleration, PMDG737NGX, iFly737NG, VRS F18E Super Hornet, RealAir Duke Turbine V2 (to name a few) and using Active Sky Next.
No problems : P3D v2.5/P3Dv3.1 (and previous versions) flying PMDG737NGX, iFly737NG, VRS F18E Super Hornet, RealAir Duke Turbine V2 (to name a few) and using Active Sky Next.

Also, no previous problems to report : with Xplane10 / JRollon CRJ / Jetstream2 or FF767-300.

Yesterday I did a number if test with FSGRW and FF767-300 and all were ok.

Then later yesterday I purchase SMPv3.1.2 and RWC to get the good clouds.

Since purchasing and installing SMP, RWC  and FSGRW within last two days an flying two flights today ..
One with FF767-300 and one with Xplane10 default jet
Each of the two flights has CTD.

SMP-CTD-default-jet (33).JPG

SMP-CTD-default-jet (34).JPG

Log.txt

Edited by vonmarty

Yes, I downloaded a number of free scenery for Xplane .. one is KSAN which I flew out of today.

But I have flown many flights in the past without a problem .. from Ksan and all others as well.

So, I do not understand scenery which is ok except with SMP and RWC ?

Why can scenery cause the problem?

Does it mean I cannot have scenery in Xplane10 if I use SMP and RWC?

I have to ask because I just have never had any prior problems.

Just like it's possible for plugins associated with a plane to have bugs that cause problems in X-Plane, the same is true of plugins associated with custom scenery. Improperly installing custom scenery can also lead to conflicts. Depending on the nature of the problem, it might go unnoticed until something else comes along (like SMP) to change how X-Plane operates.

Try removing your custom scenery and see if the problem persists. 

I removed the KSAN scenery.
Flew the default Jet around the KSAN area for a long time with FSGRW ready but not Xfering data and no CTD.
Then I initiated FSGRW data Xfer and flew the Jet around the area a long time and no CTD.
Very nice clouds on all flights today .. failed to mention prior posts while sorting the CTD problem.

7 hours ago, sundog said:

Progress! I'm starting to think it's a scenery issue. You can probably try with the 767 again.

Sorry for the late reply .. after all the testing (no SAN/PHX for me yesterday, darn!) I ate and went to bed early.

I deleted the KSAN scenery folder ...... it is not on my PC any longer. I just do not want any if'fy bugg'ey stuff on my PC.

I searched and found another Xplane10 KSAN scenery and installed it .. just has a few buildings and a few gates ... so very basic scenery.
I did not test it for CTD with SMP .. just loaded up Xplane10 to take a quick look at it while on the ground ... to verify it loaded ok without a problem.

So, I will move it to my desktop while doing a test with the default Xplane10 KSAN scenery + FF767 + SMP + FSGRW + FF767-300 if that is what you want for a test  today.
Or would like a different combination for a test?

Yesterday KSAN ... was a rainy day with lots of clouds for testing the CTD problem .. today its clear ... so not the same conditions for a test today.
Would this CTD with SMP still happen, independent of the ATIS / weather conditions, for testing .. if the CTD was caused by scenery?

I am still trying to understand how Xplane10 custom scenery or a payware Xplane10 aircraft can cause a CTD only when using SMP (cloud enhancement program) with FSGRW (weather injection program) ... but then again I am not a programmer with an understanding of how plugins and their dynamic usage work during a flight.

My intuition says it was related to your scenery. The FF 767 is a popular aircraft, and if it had a bug of this magnitude we probably would've heard about it earlier.

Yes, a problem like this can cause a crash regardless of weather conditions.

I would just keep on flying without that KSAN scenery and with your 767. If crashes start again, use a different plane - and if that doesn't clear it up, post back here and we'll continue to help.

Hi, I am having the exact same problem. For me, I am using LEBL scenery which I have been using for a long time with no problems. I bought the new 737 IXEG, and both flights ended with CTD at exactly the same location. The log file (attached) shows that it happened when SMP was changing the attitude and longitude, and the second log file is exactly the same. 

I also find it difficult to understand why SMP and LEBL scenery worked perfectly well together for so many flights suddenly present a problem when a new plane is introduced. 

Log.txt

hgkafa,

Hi,

I just took a look at my first log after CTD.. I am not good at understanding its content meanings but this is the last few lines of the log.  I does show lat/lon also.

CurFlow: AUTOGEN: North NewFlow: AUTOGEN: South
2:27:35.833 I/ATC: Changing KMYF CabState from 0 to 1
2:27:35.833 I/ATC: All departures are done at KMYF. Advancing...
2:27:35.833 I/ATC: Changing KMYF CabState from 1 to 2
2:27:35.833 I/ATC: All arrivals are done at KMYF. Advancing...
2:27:35.833 I/ATC: Changing KMYF CabState from 2 to 0
SkyMaxx Pro: Location set to lat 32.686206 lon -116.195777 alt 8287.063126
SkyMaxx Pro: Coordinate system changed; recreating weather.

I'm not an expert in reading the log file either, but the CTD in both our cases is happening after SMP changes the location to a new latituede and longitude. There's only one more line in your file before the CTD. 

Even if I found the LEBL scenery to be the issue, it is still SMP that is causing the crash, and should be fixed. It's not normal that we need to throw away each scenery package that SMP fails to interact with. Clearly, this could happen with any scenery making the whole experience unpredictable. 

Thanks

SMP does not interact with your scenery in any way; there's nothing we can possibly "fix". The issue is that plugins associated with some scenery, or improperly installed scenery, can result in memory corruption that can cause any other plugin to crash. Just because a plugin was the last thing to write to the log does not mean it is the root cause of the problem.

Another scenario would be having so much custom scenery installed that your system has no memory left over for SMP to work with. Again, nothing we can do there, except recommend that you load less stuff to free up some memory.

Put another way - if some other plugin corrupts memory which leads to crash later on, there is nothing we can do about it. The other plugin needs to be fixed, not ours.

If the crash actually happened while SkyMaxx Pro was executing its own code, the log would indicate that the crash occurred in the SkyMaxx Pro plugin.

Edited by sundog

21 minutes ago, sundog said:

SMP does not interact with your scenery in any way; there's nothing we can possibly "fix". The issue is that plugins associated with some scenery, or improperly installed scenery, can result in memory corruption that can cause any other plugin to crash. Just because a plugin was the last thing to write to the log does not mean it is the root cause of the problem.

Another scenario would be having so much custom scenery installed that your system has no memory left over for SMP to work with. Again, nothing we can do there, except recommend that you load less stuff to free up some memory.

Put another way - if some other plugin corrupts memory which leads to crash later on, there is nothing we can do about it. The other plugin needs to be fixed, not ours.

If the crash actually happened while SkyMaxx Pro was executing its own code, the log would indicate that the crash occurred in the SkyMaxx Pro plugin.

Thanks for explaining. I was curious to why this memory corruption only trips SMP, nothing else. However, following what you said in the posts above I inspected my custom scenery folder and found that I have two LEBL custom sceneries (the Aerosoft one and the one I downloaded). I disabled the Aerosoft one using the custom scenery ini file, and tried again the exact same route, and encountered no CTD on the way. Safe landing this time! 

Thanks again for the explanation. 

I'm also experiencing CTD issues in flights from KSAN to KLAX with FF767-300ER. No information in the log, it's not flushed and probably misses the latest entries. No file in Output/crash_reports either.

Using X-Plane 10.45r2 on Win7 x64. The only add-ons is X-Camera, I'm not using SMP. With 16 GB of memory, I seriously doubt it's a memory issue, but to be honest I haven't monitored X-Plane's memory usage. The virtual memory could go up to 32 GB with my current settings, if it were a memory issue I would have noticed the disk starting to go mad.

I proceeded to a few tests, always with the same flight plan:

- same flight with a default aircraft ("P180 Avanti Ferrari Team" "Cirrus TheJet"), no weather, but keeping sceneries => CTD

- same flight without any scenery, FF767 => no CTD

- re-introduced "KSAN - San Diego International 1.01" by MisterX6 alone + dependencies => CTD (with FF767 and default aircraft)

- used another KSAN (by jkotva22) => no CTD with FF767

- used "KSAN San Diego International Airport 1.02" by ThePrivateer => CTD

Depending on the scenery, the crash always occur in the same area, for example with MisterX6's, and KSAN-LNSAY.SLI-KLAX, it's around the Bayer waypoint.

So I don't know whether it's the complexity of the origin airport + destination area (Los Angeles causes frequent stuttering and freezes becausee either X-Plane is unable to manage a smooth loading of the scenery items, or the autogen, or yet another issue, I have no idea), or a dependency like OpenSceneryX, or another bug in X-Plane triggered by something common in both airports.

This should really be done in a debugger environment as I believe we don't have the tools to get further information on those crashes.

Edited by Redglyph