Few bugs I noticed

RogueRunner

Ok.. I am back from street...

Well RogueRunner I think you were seeing those "bugs" on replay view. Correct me if I am wrong. I will tell you why I say that.

1. About the landing light. That  is a problem of all planes or whatever things on x-plane. Landing lights or other lights are billboards... so when they are behind other object or collision with other object it is cut. So it depends how deep you can put the Landing gear inside. If it is deep you won't see the bright, but if is not.. yes. And that is what happens to Mentor. I cannot do anything if I want to put landing light brights.

On the Manual it says.. it is better to switch off Landing light when gears are up. Better do it if you don't want to have that thing on the plane when LG are up.

2. The engine smoke it goes oposite direction what should go when you play replay. Don't know why.. but it does.. it is a X-Plane Stuff. Never saw that behaviour on real time flight.

About Scubajuan...

Yes.. the Landing gear steers.. It steers.. but not as good as it should. The problem with it came because x-plane data output and the design of the front LG.

Design: it is not totally vertical.. so in animation it was hell to make it move more or less correctly. If you drive on platform smoothy you will have a correct steer.. but if you are heavy on your drive.. it will happen things bad.

X-plane output data: it was dancing too much on stop position so I had to put limits. Maybe those limits makes the Lg steer animation jumps sometime.

Anyway.. is something I have to look for a better solution for sure. Everyday I am learning something new.. and I don't know how to do everything. If I find the perfect solution I will upload it.

About Metal livery or changing to another livery. I had not problem at all. In my experience with other planes made before... usually graphical issues are because computer of everyone. Maybe is loading too much memory and your video card crashes.. Try to lower the textures resolution and make the change. Should be no difference between Metal or other livery at all.

Hope this can help you both!

Nosewheel steering isn't working for me either - I am treating it as a free castoring unit at the moment and it makes taxiing feel like a tequila filled funfest.  :( I enjoy the startup routine, and the aircraft flies really well. Excellent work Javier!

I have one question though - shouldn't the throttle section be set up like this? What got me thinking was the mixture & prop levers in the cockpit (page 20 in the manual), but the checklist makes reference to the condition level (page 34)? I haven't checked, but is the beta stage modeled for this aircraft?

Ok.. I am back from street...

Well RogueRunner I think you were seeing those "bugs" on replay view. Correct me if I am wrong. I will tell you why I say that.

1. About the landing light. That  is a problem of all planes or whatever things on x-plane. Landing lights or other lights are billboards... so when they are behind other object or collision with other object it is cut. So it depends how deep you can put the Landing gear inside. If it is deep you won't see the bright, but if is not.. yes. And that is what happens to Mentor. I cannot do anything if I want to put landing light brights.

On the Manual it says.. it is better to switch off Landing light when gears are up. Better do it if you don't want to have that thing on the plane when LG are up.

2. The engine smoke it goes oposite direction what should go when you play replay. Don't know why.. but it does.. it is a X-Plane Stuff. Never saw that behaviour on real time flight.

Was indeed in replay mode!

I must say I also experience the sterring problem and have to use the toebrakes to get around corners.

Here are the two error messages I see when I load the metal livery, also including the log.txt and what the .png file looks like (just a part). I tried to open it with photoshop and does not load there either.

I would try downloading the installer again, but I am out of downloads, the first time I was in a cafe and the download ended and the zip did not expand, downloaded again and this time i guess the texture in question did not download correctly. If you could tweak my account in x-aviation to allow another download or simply email me the damaged file will do.

Other than that the plane is a beauty and joy to fly. Gracias Javier, keep up the good work.

post-1361-131369589827_thumb.jpg

post-1361-131369589832_thumb.jpg

post-1361-131369589836_thumb.jpg

Log.txt

Yes it seems to be a problem with the download. Cameron check out this! (if you don't have the texture by today email me and I will send you that one.

About steering... Yes yes you have to steer with differential brakes. So if you don't have pedals you have to map them on keyboard or joystick. I made the plane that way.... And also the big torque at take offs. For me was more fun to manage and fly. More challenge. But if people finds it complicated, I could do other version for future update.

well Texture sent to Scuba... it seems that was a download problem. Hope you enjoy!

I have to make promotion of this plane or it will be lost in memory!!! Damm .org page that nothing is shown there! Damm Nicolas!  >:(

anyway.. soon I will make a video of all the planes I have made.. included the x-plane 10 version. I have clear authorization from Austin.

well Texture sent to Scuba... it seems that was a download problem. Hope you enjoy!

I have to make promotion of this plane or it will be lost in memory!!! Damm .org page that nothing is shown there! Damm Nicolas!  >:(

anyway.. soon I will make a video of all the planes I have made.. included the x-plane 10 version. I have clear authorization from Austin.

Thanks! really appreciate the excellent customer support. Wold love to see those amazing creations of yours for the 10 version that us mortals would enjoy just by upgrading to XP10 along your payware stuff so far, and maybe another quick pic to the status of the CRJ like the FMC. Can't help it, I have been drooling over the CRJ for so long that can't wait for it's release.

Keep up the excellent work

I have one question though - shouldn't the throttle section be set up like this? What got me thinking was the mixture & prop levers in the cockpit (page 20 in the manual), but the checklist makes reference to the condition level (page 34)? I haven't checked, but is the beta stage modeled for this aircraft?

sorry for not replying sooner.

I I don't know really much what to reply to you because with my english I don't understand what is the question. Well Condition Lever and Mixture lever are the same.. so if on checklist.. it put "Condition lever - Fuel off" it means that you put the mixture lever down to cut fuel to the engine so the blades stops.

No.. still is not modelled the Beta Stage.. but will try how to do that without plugin. The problem is that as said on manual.. I am not programmer so I have to think how to solver some situations without the use of plugin. I success on some of them... but others not.. and this is one of them. Because I could put a mark to show where is the beta stage point.. but the good thing would be to make a snap position.. and that only can be made with plugin... (I think. Maybe I could find a solution and for sure would add on next version)

Thanks for your reply. What I meant with that link is that the throttle quadrant that you modeled appears to be the one from the normally aspirated Continental as found in the T-34B Mentor. The link provided is the quadrant for the T-34C Turbomentor with the P&W PT6A-25 turboprop. The "condition lever" should really be the current prop lever, not the mixture. Did you visit the link in the previous post? http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation2/P-307_wch3/P-307_wch30066.htm

Another problem I had with a flight tonight is once I activated the autopilot, I could not activate the Altitude or EFIS page on the GPS unit. The buttons would engage, but still show the gps unit. So I could not change the altitude value for the autopilot. Not sure how that happened. If I can reproduce the exact sequence of events that caused the malfunction I will post it here.

I love the way this PT6 growls to life and how one needs to nurse it to keep it in the limits. Very nicely done.

I have to make promotion of this plane or it will be lost in memory!!! Damm .org page that nothing is shown there! Damm Nicolas!  >:(

Come on Javier.  You know better than to expect to see the Mentor on the org front page.  It will never happen as long as Nicolas is in charge.  

Nicolas even private messaged me to tell me that he knows I get my "friends" to "pimp" my add ons in the org forums.  (I swear, those were his words).  He doesn't realize that people might actually LIKE X-aviation add ons.

Thanks for your reply. What I meant with that link is that the throttle quadrant that you modeled appears to be the one from the normally aspirated Continental as found in the T-34B Mentor. The link provided is the quadrant for the T-34C Turbomentor with the P&W PT6A-25 turboprop. The "condition lever" should really be the current prop lever, not the mixture. Did you visit the link in the previous post? http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation2/P-307_wch3/P-307_wch30066.htm

Another problem I had with a flight tonight is once I activated the autopilot, I could not activate the Altitude or EFIS page on the GPS unit. The buttons would engage, but still show the gps unit. So I could not change the altitude value for the autopilot. Not sure how that happened. If I can reproduce the exact sequence of events that caused the malfunction I will post it here.

I love the way this PT6 growls to life and how one needs to nurse it to keep it in the limits. Very nicely done.

Yes! I know that quadrant. And I didn't don't remember exactly very well why.. but did the one on the B version. Why? Because on a photo of a T34C version saw that quadrant also. Even I have seen on diferent "C's" different configurations.

If you can reproduce the problem with the GPS please do it. But.. Did you read the manua? there is fully explain the steps you have to make to make autopilot correctly the plane.. and if you don't follow those steps, autopilot may not work. Trully.. it was a headache for me to do that.. but I found the way to do.. and found that I liked too much the old autopilot method.

Mentor is an VFR Plane.. with help of a very simple autopilot system.

The truth Mentor doesn't have altitude hold.. but because a problem with autopilot on x-plane default simulator (that was reported to Austin, and will be fixed on version 10) and because I cannot program.. I had to include the Altitude mode.

As you can see (but is written on the documentation) this is not as the real TurboMentor. It is really really close to it, but it is not. It is "my configuracion" of a C version. I think on real life (as I saw on pictures) If I had a real Mentor I would change something to make me feel confortable inside.

Anyway.. a 1.0 version is a 1.0 version. Seamax didn't had a GPS on 1.0 but yes on 1.2 version. Lets see how it changes this one.

Javier,

I have your Javelin and SeaMax--both great planes and both taxi great.  Just got the Mentor--really great looks, sound and flying--but--the plane does not taxi where I want it to.  The Javelin taxis very smoothly, so I expected the Mentor too also.  I do not have foot pedals, I did program keys for the left and right brakes but that does not help. I have to start on the runway--then when I land I can't get to the gate or ramp. Please fix the taxi problem for an otherwise excellent plane--I know you can do it.  Thanks for your help.  Glen

Javier,

I have your Javelin and SeaMax--both great planes and both taxi great.  Just got the Mentor--really great looks, sound and flying--but--the plane does not taxi where I want it to.  The Javelin taxis very smoothly, so I expected the Mentor too also.  I do not have foot pedals, I did program keys for the left and right brakes but that does not help. I have to start on the runway--then when I land I can't get to the gate or ramp. Please fix the taxi problem for an otherwise excellent plane--I know you can do it.  Thanks for your help.  Glen

Andys  right, I too have to use the keyboard for the brakes, it works ok. You need enough throttle to HAVEto use the brakes, then tap tap tap left or right, WHILE you apply brakes (I have them mapped to my trigger button, better than bombs).

but I have to admit, I wonder the percentage of Japo fans that actually own pedals? an option not to have to do this would be nice one day.